Miele Vacuum Cleaner Reviews, Ratings
Miele Vacuum Cleaners – Vacuum Features Explained and Our Recommendations
Miele vacuum cleaners product benefits and how that impacts the kinds of features that consumers are interested in. Let’s assume that if you are in the market for a new vacuum cleaner, you should be interested primarily in 4 things.
- Power which is related to performance. How effectively does this vacuum cleaner remove dirt from carpets and floors?
- Ease of use. This includes maneuverability, ease of attachment changes
- Filtration Efficiency
Features Common to All Miele Vacuum Cleaner Models
All Miele vacuum cleaners use a 1200 watt 2 fan suction motor system. The fact that these vacuum cleaners use 2 fans together, creates better and more suction than vacuum cleaners with only one fan system.
2. Ease of Use
- All Miele vacuum cleaners carry their tools on board for convenient access.
- Depending on whether they have a direct connect wand or not can increase the ease in which the tools can be changed.
- The tools provided with Miele vacuum cleaners are always top-notch quality and fit nicely together.
- All Miele machines swivel nicely for easy cleaning in all directions however improvements have been made in recent models to give complete 360° maneuverability.
- All Miele machines have an auto cord rewinder but recent models also will automatically monitor the length of cord you are using and adjust on an ongoing basis.
- All Miele vacuum cleaners have a nice “parking” feature that means when the machine is not in use the wand does not tip over and stores neatly in your closet.
- All Miele machines have a hygienic and allergy friendly way of removing the bags when they are full. When the bag is removed, it automatically closes itself.
3. Filtration Efficiency
- At AllergyBuyersClub we ONLY package machines with a Miele HEPA filter. These HEPA filters will filter out 99.97% of allergens down to the 3 micron level. The HEPA filter also has a thin layer of charcoal for additional odor control.
- Miele vacuum cleaners position their HEPA filter “post motor”, a design feature not commonly found in vacuum cleaners. This means that they capture very fine particles that are generated from the motor of the vacuum cleaner and hence increase the filtration effectiveness of the machine.
- The Miele vacuum cleaner is also a completely sealed unit. There is no use in having a HEPA filter if particulates escape through the sides of the vacuum cleaner as is common with other machines.
- The two fan motor design means that it extends the life of the motor by reducing the wear on the ball bearings and motor brushes.
- The amount of testing that Miele does before they release their machines makes it an industry leader. As a consequence we can say that we have enjoyed 0% return on these machines for repair or defect during the warranty period. The standard warranty period is 1 years for Miele machines but can be extended to 5 years. We are very impressed with the reliability of the Miele vacuum cleaners.
- There is a heat sensor which comes on when there is a clog and therefore prevents the vacuum cleaner from overheating.
In summary, Miele vacuum cleaners have built a very strong reputation on three things- superior filtration, ease of use, and reliability. Much to our amazement rarely have a Miele vacuum cleaner returned to us, except when someone wanted an exchange for a larger model. No one has complained about machines breaking down early in their life cycle. Even though they have a higher price point than other vacuum cleaners on the market, you are getting quality for the price. The Miele level of filtration is legendary and Miele have managed yet again, to up the bar on themselves. The alterations that Miele continues to make, while subtle at first, all add up to an increased level of consumer usability which is unmatched in the industry. The Miele vacuum cleaners are “friendly” – you do not have to fight with them to get the job done. The top of the line Miele vacuum cleaners show that Miele are paying attention to the way consumers use vacuum cleaners.
The Miele Complete C3 Marin vacuum cleaner is for those who are not content with anything but the best. This vacuum has all the bells and whistles you’d expect on a 5-star rated vacuum and in my opinion is the standard for a canister HEPA vacuum for both rugs and bare floors. The Miele Complete C3 Kona is our next choice since it works best for a mix of bare floors and carpet and has many of the features of the Capricorn. The Miele Complete C3 Calima Vacuum Cleaner is ideal for people with only bare floors. For uprights, the new Miele Dynamic U1 AutoEco are relatively new to the market and have been very popular with customers. I like the new Miele Dynamic U1 Twist Upright vacuum since it is affordably priced and has ultra maneuverability.
Some useful links for learning more about vacuum cleaners and our Miele product line are below:
Vacuum Buyers Guide (a long list of points to consider)
A comparison chart of all vacuum cleaners on our site.
Common Features in Miele Vacuums
A Miele technical features comparison chart
All the Miele vacuum cleaners we carry at AllergyBuyersClub.com.