SEBO Airbelt D4 Canister Vacuum Cleaner Review
Once in a while a product comes along that is a game changer in its industry, and the new SEBO D4 vacuum is exactly that! So much so, that our company president immediately ordered it for her own home! Simply put, everything in this vacuum has been designed with the ease of the consumer in mind. SEBO has so much confidence in it that they offer a 30-day Test Drive and five year full warranty on parts, labor and motor! What could be fairer than that?
|1. Filtration Efficiency|
|2. Cleaning Power and Effectiveness|
|3. Easy to Use Controls||
|4. Noise Level||
|6. Ease of Assembly & Attaching and RemovingParts and Accessories||
|7. Quality of Floor Tools||
|8. Quality of Accessory Tools||
|9. Quality of Dust Bags||
|11. Cleaning Radius||
|13. Value for Price||
- Eye-catching new design stands out amongst a world of canisters that all look the same.
- Very easy to maneuver with 4 casters that spin 360 degrees and a self-propelled power head that glides across all floor types.
- The newly designed handle comfortably fits in your hand and allows easy access to the finger tip controls without making you adjust your grip on the handle. It also fits small hands comfortably making it the best fit for smaller hands of all the vacuums we have tested.
- The 1.6 gallon filter bags are the largest we have seen used in a canister vacuum. This means fewer bag changes and more money saved!
- With an incredibly long 40 ft. power cord the SEBO D4 vacuum has an amazing 50 ft. cleaning radius which no other canister has matched.
- Impressive quiet operation; even on high speed with the power head brush roll on you can have a normal conversation with someone in the room with out screaming or upsetting your pets.
- High quality filtration with sealed filter gaskets and sealed construction that prevents dirty air from being expelled by the vacuum cleaner.
- Filters are large and conveniently located for easy changes and you can see them so you can tell when they are dirty.
- All-around cloth bumper guards are the best of any canister vacuum and thoroughly protect your paintwork, corners and furniture from scratches, scuffs and chips.
- The 12″ and 15″ power head will automatically shut off when placed in the park position which is a convenient feature for those who are frequently interrupted during vacuuming.
- The onboard accessory tools are some of the best we have seen and their integrated storage on the end of the canister is convenient and intuitive to use. The crevice tool is 8″ long and has a wide opening at the bottom so it can get into deep hard to reach places and suck up more without clogging. The upholstery tool has a row of stiff bristles to help loosen dirt and grab up pet hair or lint from furniture. The dusting brush has a triangle design to keep good suction flow and prevent clogging.
- There are two built-in parking spots on the canister for the floor brush. The one on the end of the canister can tote the floor brush onboard as you vacuum and the one on the underside of the canister is great for storing the vacuum when in the upright position.
- Simple to use controls have a minimalistic design to eliminate confusion and promote user-friendliness and they are located in convenient easy to use locations.
- Strong suction power effectively deep cleans carpets and rugs. Variable suction controls allow you to reduce suction power to clean drapes or delicate rugs.
- Newly designed hose has a tapered design which improves air flow for extra suction power and helps resist clogs. The hose also swivels right and left for more maneuverability.
- Full size canister is large and could be awkward to carry for some because this is a full size vacuum and is heavier than most.
- Power head is not intuitive to use. One must understand proper carpet height settings to know which of the 4 height settings to use on what carpet type and brush roll can only be turned off using the button on the power head, no brush roll control on handle. Proper use of the power head can be learned by reading the power head manual. As with all appliances of this kind, it is very easy when you know how.
- Unlike the SEBO X4 upright vacuum cleaner that features automatic carpet height adjustment, the D4 requires user to adjust the carpet height setting manually using the dial on the power head. Not hard to do but you need to bend down to adjust when going from carpeting to bare floors and back to thicker carpet.
- Though this vacuum is easy to assemble and floor tools & accessories are easy to put on and off, removing the hose from the canister [which you do rarely] requires some muscle and overall tool changes. Assembly & removal of parts are not quite as simple and smooth as a Miele vacuum.
Despite our few nitpicking critiques, it was actually hard to find fault with this vacuum cleaner. You can tell that a tremendous amount of thought has been put into this design and we are sure that other manufacturers will be rushing to copy whatever they can. Apart from the weight and size considerations, you will be more than thrilled with this vacuum. It does a superb job and all its features have been designed with us consumers in mind.
Links: Sebo AirBelt D4 Vacuum Cleaner | SEBO Vacuum Cleaners | HEPA Vacuum Cleaners