Air O Swiss 7144 Humidifier Review
The Air O Swiss 7144 humidifier has become my new favorite humidifier this winter season. I tried it out when I had a hacking cough and kept waking in the night, and it definitely helped my breathing and reduced the amount of time I coughed in the night. See my full Air-O-Swiss 7144 review consisting of star ratings, pluses and minuses and a full summary to see why it is the AllergyBuyersClub.com Category Winner for humidifiers.
|1. Room Coverage|
|2. Level of Quietness|
|3. Filter Life & Cost of Replacement Cartridges|
|4. Amount of Maintenance Required|
|5. Anti-bacterial Features|
|6. Ease of Filling|
|7. Ease of Operation and Filter Replacement|
|8. Quality of Construction|
|9. Humidistat to select desired humidity level & hygrometer to display the actual humidity in the room
|10. Frequency of Filling|
|11. Value for Price|
- After griping that my office had not sent me home with a manual, I found that Air-O-Swiss had thoughtfully put operating instructions inside the humidifier in an easy to view spot. Great for those who lose the paper manual anyway. I did figure out most of it, and get it operational without the manual, and I am not very handy, but the actual instructions were a nice bonus!
- I found the size and the shape of the humidifier made it the easiest of machines that I have ever tested. It still fills up from the bottom, but even when it was full, it was a cinch to carry it and I did not have to ask for assistance from my spouse. Actually, I did ask for assistance once, but that was more from being annoyed at the hours of the resident couch potato when I was doing all the housework!
- This humidifier is almost completely silent, most people will think it is totally silent, but I hesitate to say that for 100% since there is always someone outside the norm. However, I defy you to hear it the other side of your bedroom from your bed.
- The humidifier gave forth a satisfying amount of mist, and the humidity in my room increased quite quickly. It was not a fair test however, since my Siamese cats kept walking in and out of the bedroom.
- I confess to really liking the styling, and the silver/black color fitted nicely and unobtrusively with the bedroom décor.
- If there was one minor thing to pick on, it was how the digital read out of humidity levels seemed to take a bit of time to settle down and give an accurate reading. I did check the levels against a separate hygrometer and found at most a couple of degrees difference.
- You do have to figure out the controls when you have them up close and personal on a counter top, and then memorize them, because once I put this humidifier onto a small foot stool to raise it up off the floor (as per manufacturer’s instruction) you will not be able to differentiate the controls from far away, unless you have eagle, youthful eyes.
Overall, the Air O Swiss 7144 Digital Ultrasonic humidifier is a true winner and is a great fit for nearly any home. The controls may be tricky to get used to at first but thankfully the manual delivers a clear breakdown of how to properly use this machine. Once you understand all of the buttons and features you will quickly learn that this humidifier will do all of the work for you. In summary, because of its versatility, wide range of outstanding features, reliability, robust construction yet elegant design and its ability to consistently deliver powerful moisture into a room, there is no doubt that the 7144 deserves our 5 star rating and "Category Winner" approval. The Air-O-Swiss 7144 will not disappoint if you are seeking to truly enjoy all of the benefits that come with an ultrasonic humidifier.
Links: Air O Swiss 7144 Humidifier | Humidifiers | Air O Swiss Humidifiers