Blueair Classic 505 Air Cleaner Review
Blueair Air Cleaner Ratings, Review
Seldom do we rave about a product, especially about air cleaners, which we regard as an area of frequent gross misrepresentation and exaggeration. So when we tell you this product is a winner and the best of its type we have seen anywhere, you can bet that is a very strong endorsement from us. The Blueair air cleaner review follows:
Blueair Classic 505 Air Purifier Pluses:
- Sleek Styling – Most air cleaners are plain ugly and by preference you’d want to hide them somewhere. This air cleaner has contemporary sleek Swedish styling, a refreshing change. Sleek white coloring for blending with most furnishings.
- Silent – the single biggest complaint about air cleaner and air purifiers is that some sound really loud while running in your bedroom at night. This air cleaner has 3 speeds. Even at level 2 you can hardly hear it. What does this mean to you? This is the only air cleaner we have found which gives more than adequate number of air changes per hour on lower fan speeds. Making it easy for you to sleep at night. At level 2 setting this machine is rated to clean air at 200 CFM (cubic feet per minute).
- Powerful – When the machine is at level 3 high fan speed, it has a 382 CFM rating. What does this mean? It means that put this air cleaner on high speed and it cleans the air of particulate faster than any other machine we have seen in the market place.
- Energy Star Certified – This air cleaner costs about the same as a 15 to 70 watt incandescent light bulb to run. This means you can run this air cleaner continuously and not be worried about your electricity bill. To put it bluntly most air cleaners cost you a small fortune in electricity – some we have tested, cost a lot to run!
- WIFI Connected – This Blueair has WIFI connectivity and attached free app that works on your smartphone, giving you up to date information about the air quality inside and outside your home. (I’ve posted a screenshot from my phone of an air quality station near us in Massachusetts.)
- Easy to change filters – When it came to changing the air filters we were astonished. It takes all of 30 seconds at most, with no screwdrivers, no fussing trying to figure out what goes where, just follow the instructions on the filter What’s more you can visually check in seconds if your filter is all clogged up and dirty. If you don’t change your filters you cannot expect them to do the job for you. Yet most people never change them or if they do change them way too late. Interim maintenance is simple- just vacuum the inside.
- Reduces odors – but does not eliminate through through a good-sized carbon filter. A larger smoke stopfilter is available for aiding in smoke removal.
- AHAM tested – This air cleaner was independently tested and ranked first of the 150 products tested.
- Negative Ionizer – this machine has an internal negative ionizer which means that there is no “black wall effect”. This feature also serves to enhance the air cleaning performance of the machine with no ozone production.
Blueair Classic 505 Air Purifier Minuses:
Quite honestly these were difficult to find. However, this is not a small air cleaner, and is slightly larger than its competition. While not obtrusive in styling, it takes up space and visual real estate. The following criticism may be unfair as it depends on how much you use the air cleaner (continuously versus seasonally or only at night) – however after about 4,500 hours of continuous use (6 months X 24 hours a day), the 3 filters need replacing. So, this may be a little unfair as most air filters need replacing more frequently than most users know. Most users are operating machines with ineffective filters but the user does not know it. However, Blueair is committed to their air cleaners operating at peak efficiency.
Blueair Air Purifiters are not the cheapest option for air cleaning but, they’re user friendly, easy to maintain, run almost silently, and simply one your best options for air purifiers. Blueair makes a lot of great machines and we love the Blueair Classic 505 air purifier. It would be a great air purifier for either bedroom, home, or while at the office. Note: As of April 2018, the 505 and 503 models have been discontinued. Consider the Blueair Classic 605 Air Purifier as an alternative.
Purchase the Blueair air cleaner at AllergyBuyersClub.com
User Review( vote)