Many Allergy Consumer Review readers have asked about what we think of the book “Sinus Survival” or have asked for one good read on the topic of sinuses. So, here is our answer.
“Sinus Survival”- A Gold Mine of Information
The book, “Sinus Survival” by Robert Ivker DO. is a veritable gold mine of information to the sinus, asthma or allergy sufferer who wants to heal their body by natural methods. Dr Ivker believes the reason at the core of the proliferation of sinusitis, is the increase in outdoor air pollution and the decrease of indoor air quality in our homes. Dr Ivker goes into great detail as to the reasoning behind his recommendations. He believes in an extensive vitamin and mineral supplementation program (listed in his book) plus the following core elements.
- Sleep 7 to 9 hours. More when you have an infection.
- Daily use of a negative ion air cleaner with hepa filter.
- Daily use a humidifier during dry periods due to air-conditioning or the heating season.
- Use a saline mist spray daily or several times a day.
- Use nasal irrigation (his top suggestion) using a netipot or nasal irrigator.
- Cut down on sugar, dairy, caffeine, and alcohol in the diet and increase fruit, vegetables, whole grains and fiber.
- Aerobic exercise for prevention preferably outdoors except on highly polluted days. Moderate walking when you have an infection.
- Drink filtered water ½ oz per lb of body weight (ie a 200 lbs person needs 100 ozs of water(12 to 13 big glasses daily).
- Use steam as needed.
Book review on information for the sinus, asthma, or allergy suffer who wants alternative remedies