20 Things You Didn’t Know About Water and Colas
August 23, 2011 | Information Guides, Posts, Water Purification | No Comments|
We are big fans of home water filters because it saves money, time, resources and reduces waste so anything related to water is usually of interest to us. Here’s a collection of the 20 most interesting things about water and cola that you probably didn’t know.
- 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (Likely applies to half the world population.)
- In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is mistaken for hunger.
- Even MILD dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism as 3%.
- One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
- Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
- Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
- A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
- Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%., and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer. Are you drinking the amount of water you should drink every day?
- In many states the highway patrol carries two gallons of Cola in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.
- You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Cola and it will be gone in two days.
- To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Cola into the toilet bowl and let the ‘real thing’ sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Cola removes stains from vitreous china .
- To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Cola.
- To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
- To loosen a rusted bolt: Apply a cloth soaked in Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
- To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Cola for a sumptuous brown gravy.
- To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Colainto the load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Cola will help loosen grease stains.. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
- The active ingredient in Cola is phosphoric acid. It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase of osteoporosis.
- To carry Cola syrup! (the concentrate) the commercial trucks must use a hazardous Material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.
- The distributors of these Colas have been using it to clean engines of the trucks for about 20 years!
- Now the question is, would you like a glass of water or Cola?
If you’re interested in finding out more about filtering water at home for pennies a gallon versus the dollars for a 12 oz bottle you’d spend in the store, check out the water filter department at AllergyBuyersClub where you’ll find a wealth of information on current models with 10 different types to choose from.