If you are looking for a simple to use effective humidifier this is the one. The MoistAir Air Slim Tower 6 gallon cool mist humidifier has a slim tower design with a nice look and the tower design does not take up a lot of space although it will humidify a large area.
|1. Room Coverage|
|2. Level of Quietness|
|3. Filter Life & Cost of Replacement Cartridges|
|4. Amount of Maintenance Required|
|5. Anti-bacterial Features|
|6. Ease of Filling|
|7. Ease of Operation and Filter Replacement|
|8. Quality of Construction|
|9. Humidistat to select desired humidity level & hygrometer to display the actual humidity in the room|
|10. Frequency of Filling|
|11. Value for Price|
- Provides lots of moisture of up to 6 gallons per 24 hours yet features a sleek modern design which doesn’t take up too much space.
- Unlike a smaller humidifier which sometimes need to be refilled more than once a day, the Slim Tower has dual tanks allowing it to hold 3 gallons at a time
- The cool mist evaporative wick humidification provides invisible, clean moisture into the air eliminating the need to worry about white dust.
- Simple digital humidistat, although there are limited selections, does a decent job with measuring and controlling the indoor relative humidity to your liking.
- Relatively sturdy design with solid base to prevent it from tipping over and built in locking clips to hold in the tanks
- We found this humidifier extremely user-friendly with its simple two-button digital controls and easy-to-read display
- There are 2 wicks that may take a bit of patience and time to replace
- Fan can be a bit loud when on the higher speeds
- Cannot be located right up against the wall due to the direction of the outflow
We are very happy with the MoistAir Air 6 gallon tower humidifier as it will humidify a large area up to 1300 square feet without taking up a lot of space. Its sleek and stylish design allows you to neatly tuck it away in the corner of a room without it altering the décor. Although it provides a digital humidistat and hygrometer we would have liked if they offered more choice on the selection and actual humidity display. Currently, one can only choose 30, 40, 50, 60. or 90 for the desired humidity level. Also, the hygrometer display consists of a column that lights up as the humidity increases and displays 30, 40, 50, 60, and 90 only so is not as accurate or precise as one would want. Replacing the two filter wicks requires a bit of time and learning as one needs to remove the front and back grills to access them but removal of each tank on the side is necessary at first. However, no tools are required so it is more of just a confusion factor. All in all, we think that most will like the amount of humidification they will achieve for the price and for a humidifier that has a small footprint and is stylish and easy to operate.