The MoistAir 8 Gallon humidifier may not be the best looking or quietest humidifier we have to offer but it is a simple, functional humidifier that will get the job done for those seeking to quickly humidify a larger area with an evaporative cool mist.
|1. Room Coverage|
|2. Level of Quietness|
|3. Filter Life & Cost of Replacement Cartridges|
|4. Amount of Maintenance Required|
|5. Anti-bacterial Features|
|6. Ease of Filling|
|7. Ease of Operation and Filter Replacement|
|8. Quality of Construction|
|9. Humidistat to select desired humidity level & hygrometer to display the actual humidity in the room|
|10. Frequency of Filling|
|11. Value for Price|
- The MoistAir 8-Gallon is a simple humidifier that is easy to set up and operate yet will quickly deliver comfortable moisture into the air in a matter of minutes.
- This humidifier can hold up to 2.4 gallons of water yet is compact enough to tuck nicely into a bedroom corner without taking up too much space.
- There is a convenient check filter indicator that will appear after 720 hours of operation. This is nice for those who typically forget when the filter was first used or just simply forgets to change it completely.
- Includes a digital humidistat to set the desired humidity and a hygrometer to display the actual humidity to monitor its performance.
- The Dry Mode Feature is an added bonus since it will remove any unwanted moisture, which may produce bacteria and mildew growth, when the tank and base is empty. This will also help prolong the life of the humidifier as it will be completely dried out when stored away for the season.
- This is a simple humidifier that has all of the basic features needed to effectively humidify larger areas at a valuable price.
- The fan noise can be a bit loud, especially on high speed. However, for those who don’t mind a faint white noise, the ultra-quiet fan speed can be suitable for a bedroom.
- Depending on use and how hard your water is, it can be rather cumbersome to change filter wicks every 2 – 3 months.
The MoistAir 8 Gallon Cool Mist humidifier is essentially a smaller version of the MoistAir 12-Gallon model and offers all of the same convenient and simple features to get the job done quickly and efficiently. The filter-wick evaporative method delivers clean, natural and cool moisture into the air and helps to alleviate headaches, cracked skin and sinuses. Placing the MoistAir 8 Gallon humidifier into a room can also reduce any damage to home furnishings during those dry, cool months. It will humidify a large room up to 1700 square feet and provides 3 fan speeds with the first two speeds being fairly quiet and speed 3 for quick humidifying or to maximize it. There is only one filter wick to replace and it is only necessary once or twice a season. Therefore, the average annual replacement costs are $22 to $43. Like most cool mist evaporative humidifiers there is bi-weekly cleaning with vinegar and water to remove any mineral build-up and monthly cleaning with bleach to prevent bacteria and mold. It has one easy to fill container that holds 1.2 gallons and one can add up to 2.4 gallons of water at a time. Therefore, it may be necessary to refill it during drier conditions where maximum humidification is required. It has easy to use digital controls and the housing is needed to be removed to access and replace the filter wick but it is not very difficult. The construction is a medium grade plastic design that should hold up to regular use. They designed the humidistat to be inside the power cord and this allows for a more accurate reading as it will dangle near the floor in the back of the unit which is where the air is initially drawn in from the room before it is humidified. Our conclusion is that the Moist Air 8 gallon model is a compact, user-friendly humidifier with the ability to humidify a very large area while not taking up much space.