Our MoistAir 12-Gallon humidifier may not be the most stylish or quietest humidifier we offer but we did find it to be extremely functional and reliable when seeking to quickly humidify large areas that frequently tend to be arid and uncomfortable.
|1. Room Coverage|
|2. Level of Quietness|
|3. Filter Life & Cost of Replacement Cartridges|
|4. Amount of Maintenance Required|
|5. Anti-bacterial Features|
|6. Ease of Filling|
|7. Ease of Operation and Filter Replacement|
|8. Quality of Construction|
|9. Humidistat to select desired humidity level & hygrometer to display the actual humidity in the room
|10. Frequency of Filling|
|11. Value for Price|
- Upon taking the unit out of the box, we were impressed with the relatively compact size considering how much humidified air it disperses. In the past, humidifiers that were able to provide 10 gallons of humidified air or more tended to be rather large and bulky units.
- We immediately noticed how quickly the unit humidified the air.
- Overall, the MoistAir 12-Gallon humidifier is a good choice for those seeking a rather low energy consuming device. The auto-fan speed feature helps regulate the humidity levels and fan speeds in the room eliminating the need to constantly operate when it isn’t needed.
- There is a convenient check filter indicator that will appear after 720 hours of operation. This is nice for those who typically forget when the filter was first used or just simply forgets to change it completely.
- Includes a digital humidistat to set the desired humidity and a hygrometer to display the actual humidity to monitor its performance.
- The Dry Mode Feature is an added bonus since it will remove any unwanted moisture, which may produce bacteria and mildew growth, when the tank and base is empty. This will also help prolong the life of the humidifier as it will be completely dried out when stored away for the season.
- After reading the manual we were able to quickly familiarize ourselves with the controls and therefore operating the unit was very easy.
- The castor wheels was a convenient feature especially when we were seeking to humidify multiple rooms.
- The fan noise can be a bit loud, especially on high speed. However, for those who don’t mind a faint white noise, the ultra-quiet fan speed can be suitable for a bedroom.
- It is necessary to clean regularly to prevent any mold or bacteria from forming.
Overall, the MoistAir 12-Gallon humidifier is a convenient, simple to operate unit that gets the job done quickly and effectively. No fancy buttons, displays and confusing manuals. The unit’s simple design will help improve air quality and alleviate symptoms from dry air in a room with a comfortable cool mist. We enjoy humidifiers (such as the MoistAir models) which use the filter-wick evaporative method, since it provides only clean, natural moisture to the air without any white dust or mineral residue. This is the perfect solution for those seeking an effective, easy to operate humidifier at a great value. It gives one the option to humidify a large sized room on the lower speeds or an area up to 2500 square feet if the higher speed is selected. They make it even easier with the auto fan speed which will select the fan speed for you based on the actual humidity level compared to the desired setting. Like most evaporative cool mist humidifiers this one is noisy if one chooses to maximize the performance with the high fan speed but the low and medium speeds are more tolerable. There is only one filter wick to replace once or twice a season based on condition of the water and use with an average annual replacement cost of $23 to $45. Furthermore, this unit provides easy access to the filter and replacing is easy. They’ve removed all of the guesswork by supplying a check filter indicator designed to remind you after 720 hours of use to inspect if replacement is needed. Like most cool mist evaporative humidifiers there is bi-weekly cleaning with vinegar and water to remove any mineral build-up and monthly cleaning with bleach to prevent bacteria and mold. However, the evaporative filter wick provided does retain the minerals in the water and delivers clean moist air. This unit includes a digital humidistat you can set in 5% increments between 25 to 65 percent and a hygrometer to display the actual humidity in the room. They designed the humidistat to be inside the power cord and this allows for a more accurate reading as it will dangle near the floor in the back of the unit which is where the air is initially drawn in from the room before it is humidified. This will help prevent any of the humidified air exiting from the top becoming exposed to the humidistat to affect the performance. Taking everything into account, the MoistAir 12 gallon humidifier provides an inexpensive answer to those needing to humidify a whole house without getting involved with preparation and installation issues. Instead, they add water, plug it in, and start using it to address their humidity issues immediately and can expect fast results.