People ask us all the time why we are so high on the IQAir Air Purifier and nothing really says it better than this video of Frank Hammes, the president of IQAir, in a chamber which is full of poisonous gas. It only takes a little over a minute to view and is truly worth watching! We have also updated our review of the IQAir HealthPro.
Available on AllergyBuyersClub: IQAir Air Purifiers
When the chips are down, IQAir is the company that I would trust my own health and that of my family. The IQAir HealthPro Air Purifiers are still the ones to beat after 10 years on the market.
IQAir HealthPro Air Purifiers Expert Review
Courtesy of AllergyBuyersClub.com
|1. Airborne Particulate Filtration|
|2. Gas, Chemical & Odor Filtration*||
|3. Room Coverage||
|4. Noise Rating||
|5. Filter Life & Replacement Costs||
|6. Ease of Operation & Filter Replacement||
|7. Quality of Construction: Air-tight design,no off-gassing||
|8. Electronic Filter Life Monitoring||
|9. Manufacturer’s Credibility, Warranty & Return Policy||
|10. Quality of Filters||
|11. Value for Price||
*Only the IQAir HealthPro Plus model has a gas filter included.
The IQAIR HealthPro & IQAIR HealthPro Plus are the ultimate air purifiers for people with health issues of a magnitude requiring absolute clean air. Although they are higher priced than some other air purifiers, if you prefer to buy top quality and get what you pay for you will not be disappointed. We are very impressed IQAIR provides actual not theoretical claims for each and every air cleaner they produce. This quality control assures that the IQAIR Air Purifier you purchase has been tested for performance before you receive it.
- Robust Pre-filter: a high efficiency, high-capacity, tightly pleated filter pack that holds back over 90% of all dust mass and prolongs the life and performance of the V5 cell gas filter and the hyper HEPA filter by a factor of 10.
- Superior hyper HEPA filter: has a micro particle retention rate up to 100 times higher than regular HEPA filters with a surface area larger than most of the air cleaners on the market.
- High performance V5 cell gas & odor filter: a V-shaped compact filter filled with granular wide spectrum gas & odor control media which remove the gaseous contaminants both by physical adsorption and chemical breakdown while a maximum level of airflow is maintained (available with the HealthPro Plus. HealthPro can be upgrade to a Plus with the addition of this filter).
- Maximum room coverage of up to 1000 sq. ft.: for the Healthpro and 900 sq. ft. for the Healthpro Plus when running on highest speed. When run on the medium speeds they will cover a room up to 600 sq. ft.
- Good for bedroom use with lower than average noise level: on the first two fan speeds, on the third speed it is a pleasant quiet background hum, speed 4 is a bit noisy but some users will tolerate it, and like all HEPA air purifiers, it is fairly noisy on speed 5 and 6. These high speeds are best suited for quick cleaning of a room or for use when you are not at home.
- Filter life and replacement costs: the IQAir’s design allows filters to be replaced individually and on different schedules, which off-set the fairly high price of having to replace all 3 at the same time. Average annual filter replacement costs are approximately $142 for the Healthpro and $201 for the Healthpro Plus.
- Advanced controls and remote:one of the big pluses of the IQAIR HealthPro and the HealthPro Plus is its control options. While we did not see the need for the remote control, we were impressed with the ability to set the machine to go on and off at certain pre-designated times and fan speeds. The four key touch pad displays the programming timer status, filter life and status, and fan speed.
- Easy to change filters: all the filters stack up modular fashion and can be changed with no tools necessary- a huge plus.
- Constructed of non-off gassing: ABS materials that are UV stabilized and high impact resistant.
- 3-D Ultra-seal design: a three-dimensional seal between the filter element and the housing of the air cleaner that does not allow any air to by-pass the filters so all the air is cleaned.
- Filter change indicator light provided for each of the 3 filters and it displays green until 20% of the filter life remains, orange when 20% remains, red when 10% remains, and flashing red when none remains which is when you should replace it, although you should order your replacement when it indicates orange or red.
- Has been in business since the 1960’s: selling air purifying products in hospitals and industrial clean-rooms.
- Certified performance: each IQAIR air purifier is measured at the factory and certified by the quality control engineer who tested it. Included in each box is a certificate of performance in air delivery, filter leakage, and particle filtration efficiency.
- IQAIR will cover the Healthpro for a full 5 years: against defect in parts and labor since they consist of the highest quality components and are assembled in Switzerland with great care, pride, and attention to detail.
- Quality of Filters: IQAIR designs and manufactures all of their filters so you can be assured of the quality which includes the completion of the tight seal to the housing to eliminate bypassing to attain 100% filtration.
- Value for the price: although it costs more than most air purifiers on the market what IQAIR provides in the way of quality, design, and performance strongly outweighs its higher price tag.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- If quiet is the paramount feature you are looking for above all else, the HealthPro and HealthPro Plus are not our quietest air purifier, although they are far from the noisiest especially when run on the lower fan speeds.
- It would be nice if they had an automatic setting including dust & odor sensors to regulate the fan speed.
- The HealthPro does not have any gas filtration, however the V5 cell gas & odor filter can be added as an upgrade if desired.
by Leslie G (RI)
“As soon as I started running the IQair in my bedroon, my congestion, early morning headaches and post nasal drip abated to almost non existent levels. My sinuses were a lot easier too but I also use a humidifier in winter. Thank God, I started to breathe again!”
by Chip (MA)
“Really great, efficient device to clean the air up to hospital quality. Makes you feel safer in winter with no indoor pollution! Changing filters is quite easy and the unit has a warning light to advise you a new filter is needed. Has a remote and you can program the timing to set it off and on, very handy.”
by Gremlin (PA)
“This is an excellent product. It’s amazing how much particulate matter is in the air – the proof can be seen when you change the filter. If you have a pet, this is a must have cleaning system.”
We cannot say enough about the HealthPro and HealthPro Plus air purifiers. It is easy to see why the company is an educational partner with the American Lung Association and used by the Hong Kong Hospital Authority during outbreaks. Since more than 90% of all airborne particulates are smaller than 0.3 of a micron their 99.5% efficiency in this range takes them to the top of the class. We are still amazed when we observe the particle count of the air exiting the air purifier register zero particles on our meter. Our conclusion is that one does not necessarily need this product if the concern is larger particulates such as pollen and mold. However, if viruses, pet dander, bacteria/germs, house dust mite allergens, motor vehicle exhaust fumes, smog, soot and other super fine particles are an issue, the Healthpro or Healthpro Plus is your best choice. In extremely dusty environments one can extend the life of the Pre-filter by adding the optional PF40 Coarse Dust Pre-Filtration Kit, which we strongly recommend if this be the case.
Introduction to the IQAir HealthPro Series Air Purifiers
A king among princes, IQAir HealthPro air purifiers rule supreme. When we tested these air purifiers, virtually nothing escaped their HyperHEPA filter. Packed with superior technological features such as a huge capacity pre-filter, filter change indicator lights, a HEPA filter efficiency rating second to none and six fan-speed settings. IQAir air purifiers are as good as it gets. These air purifiers filter out pet dander, viruses, pollen, dust mites, mold spores, odors, and bacteria. IQAir is for those who know their health deserves only the very best.
Ideal for someone who…
Really wants the best in general overall household air filtration and is prepared to pay for it
- Needs superior particulate removal – pet dander, light tobacco smoke, dust, mold spores, bacteria
- Suffers from asthma or lung disease such as COPD and needs to remove moderate amounts of gaseous irritants as well as allergens in the air they breathe (HealthPro Plus model)
- Exceeds HEPA standard: IQAir HealthPro is the world’s first air cleaner to pass the world’s most stringent HEPA filter test: EN 1822.
- HyperHEPA goes beyond HEPA standard of removing 99.97% of particles 0.3 microns and larger. Also removes at least 99.5% of all particles 0.003 microns and larger.
- Captures 100 times more particles with HyperHEPA filters: If one million particles enter a HealthPro air purifier, less than 300 emerge, compared to 30,000 particles for conventional HEPA air purifiers.
- High-efficiency pre-filtration: While most air purifiers use pre-filters with particle efficiencies well below 20%, IQAir systems typically retain over 90% of particle mass in the pre-filter so the HEPA and gas phase filter are better protected for a longer life.
Independent Filter Stages: Each air filter (pre-filter, HEPA air filter and gas phase air filter) and can be changed independently, while conventional air purifiers often combine several filter types in one filter cartridge, so they must all be replaced even if one isn’t used up.
- Commercial size filters collect more pollutants and last longer than most hepa air purifiers made by manufacturers who try to minimize costs and use very little filter material.
- Triple Seal Design prevents internal leakage that reduces the actual efficiency of most other air cleaners.
- Intelligent Filter Life Monitor: takes actual use, speed settings and air quality conditions into account for maximum filter yield and performance.
- IQAir® tests and certifies each and every IQAir® system before shipping and provides a 5 year warranty on the HealthPro Series of air purifiers.