The high efficiency line of dehumidifiers branded Hi-E Dry consists of 3 models with varying performance and room coverage. The smallest and most reasonably priced is the Hi-E Dry 100 dehumidifier and even though it’s small, it can remove up to 106 pints per day without hurting one’s pocket book. Because of its ducting options it can be used in a wide variety of commercial applications in addition to its most common use being residential and commercial indoor pools.
|1. Room Coverage Based on 24 Hour Moisture Removal|
|2. Noise Level|
|3. Low Temperature Operation|
|4. Quality of the Continuous Drainage Option Included (Ease of hose attachment, location above the ground to improve the flow of water w/ gravity and provides the hose)|
|5. Bucket Capacity||Not Applicable|
|6. Size, Weight and Maneuverability|
|7. Ease of Access to Bucket & to Remove and Replace||Not Applicable|
|8. Energy Rating|
|9. Ability to Access Filter & to Remove, Clean and Re-install|
|10. Quality of Construction & Warranty|
|11. Value for the Price|
- Large room coverage of up to 2500 square feet and can remove up to 106 pints of moisture per 24 hour period.
- Very energy efficient: can remove 6.8 pints per kilowatt hour of electricity used.
- Built in condensate pump with 20 foot of condensate hose makes drainage a snap.
- Portable and easy to move with 4 casters.
- Good filtration: comes standard with a MERV 11 rated 2 inch thick pleated filter along with a foam pre-filter.
- Excellent construction: all metal construction seals the housing to protect the internal wiring from the elements.
- Adjustable humidistat allows you to set the desired humidity you want to reach and maintain.
- At 110 pounds it is a heavy dehumidifier but they do provide casters so one does not have to lift it.
- It is not the quietest of dehumidifiers but one does have options like remote installation in an adjoining room or attaching ducting hose to the supply side utilizing the optional duct kit.
The Hi-E Dry dehumidifiers represent some of the finest machines available on the market providing incredible moisture removal at a very inexpensive price. The secret is its patented “Revaporator” process which basically reapplies the previously cooled and dried air to pre-cool the incoming air stream resulting in a 200 percent increase in overall efficiency. As a result, it is extremely frugal when it comes to electricity expense removing 6.8 pints per kilowatt hour of electricity, which is more than twice the typical dehumidifier will. In addition, it can dry out any room up to 2500 square feet and is strong enough to be used to maintain the moisture in an indoor pool. We like that it comes with a built in condensate pump supplied with 20 feet of hose as well as efficient filters to protect the inside as well as improve the air quality. A few minor complaints would be the weight at 110 pounds that is assisted with casters but is difficult if needed to be moved up or down stairs and that it is not one of the quietest units. However, we have found that utilizing the optional duct kit allows you to set it up in a remote room so it is not seen or heard. Furthermore, by simply attaching a 6 foot section of ducting hose to the supply collar there is a noticeable reduction in the level of the noise. The Hi-E Dry 100 will remove moisture in a variety of conditions including lower temperatures down to 35 degrees. However, it is most efficient at air temperatures above 50 degrees and will reach and maintain humidity levels of 50% at temperatures of 55 degrees and above. As you can see from this summary, it was necessary for us to get very picky in order to state anything negative about the Hi-E-Dry 100 and our final comment is that we are convinced that it will deliver everything it says it will and then some.