Just like its larger counterpart PD200, the Ebac PD120 Dehumidifier is sturdily constructed to withstand the chemicals and water vapor in an indoor swimming pool environment. It is also the perfect choice for other extreme humid surroundings such as workout areas, locker rooms, laundry rooms, health & fitness centers, spas, sports halls, aerobic rooms, racquetball/handball courts, or warehouses.
|1. Room Coverage Based on 24 Hour Moisture Removal|
|2. Noise Level|
|3. Low Temperature Operation|
|4. Quality of the Continuous Drainage Option Included (Ease of hose attachment, location above the ground to improve the flow of water w/ gravity and provides the hose)|
|5. Bucket Capacity||Not Applicable|
|6. Size, Weight and Maneuverability|
|7. Ease of Access to Bucket & to Remove and Replace||Not Applicable|
|8. Energy Rating|
|9. Ability to Access Filter & to Remove, Clean and Re-install|
|10. Quality of Construction & Warranty|
|11. Value for the Price|
- Easy installation: requires little installation and set-up time. Simply connect power cable to grounded power source, install draining tube, start up unit and check dehumidification process listed in manual
- Remote humidistat included: allows one to mount it on the wall for ease in setting and monitoring the level of dryness
- High quality construction: all of the essential wiring is tightly sealed inside the cabinet to protect them from the moisture and chemicals
- Filter is included that is easily accessible and washable
- Low temperature operation if needed with its reverse Hot Gas Defrost that can operate down to 33 degrees
- Since it is a heavy unit it would have been nice for ease of set-up or relocation if they had casters.
If someone is in need of a high performing dehumidifier in an indoor swimming pool environment of a smaller scale the PD120 is the answer as it has all of the great features and benefits of the larger PD200 at a very reasonable price. Furthermore, the installation is a bit easier since it can plug into a standard 110 volt outlet and only draws 9.2 amps of electricity. It also allows you to install ducting for installation in a remote room to lessen the noise and eliminate the footprint. If there is anything to find fault with is that it is not on casters and requires lifting but at least it has sturdy military-style handles for transporting. When all is said and done we think it is one of the best values for a smaller scale indoor swimming pool application as well as being the easiest to set-up.