We were impressed immediately on how quiet the Delonghi 50 pint dehumidifier (Model: DD50P) was and hardly noticed when the compressor turned on. The built in pump feature is nice if you need to drain the water against gravity like out a window, upstairs, or into a sink. However, if you just want it to run into a floor drain you can connect a hose on the back and bypass the pump. Finally, if you wish to manually empty the bucket when it is full you can do that also.
|1. Room Coverage Based on 24 Hour Moisture Removal
|2. Noise Level
|3. Low Temperature Operation
|4. Quality of the Continuous Drainage Option Included (Ease of hose attachment, location above the ground to improve the flow of water w/ gravity and provides the hose)
|5. Bucket Capacity
|6. Size, Weight and Maneuverability
|7. Ease of Access to Bucket & to Remove and Replace
|8. Energy Rating
|9. Ability to Access Filter & to Remove, Clean and Re-install
|10. Quality of Construction & Warranty
|11. Value for the Price
- Digital controls display the actual humidity or air temperature and the humidity you selected to reach and maintain in your room
- Low temperature operation down to 41 degrees
- Built in pump design w/ 16 foot length hose included
- Permanent washable filter with easy access
- Option to empty the bucket manually
- Has fitting in the back to attach a hose to drain continuously with gravity if pump is not needed.
- Uses R410A refrigerant to protect the environment
- Does not have auto restart
The Delonghi DD50P dehumidifier is a good choice if one needs to dehumidify a basement that is up to 1000 square feet in size. Through its use one will prevent the chance of any mold from forming and will protect one’s belongings from water and moisture damage. The 3 options for removal of the water taken out of the air will enable anyone who selects this product to have a favorable method of disposing of the water. Overall, its convenient features, ease of use and performance make this unit a reliable solution for removing excess moisture and improving indoor air quality.