Certified Organic dust mite encasements for your pillows, mattress, and box spring. 100% chemical free and undyed. SKAL certified. Tested and proven to be a barrier against dust mites.
|1. Barrier to Dust Mites (pore size less than 10 microns)
|2. Barrier to Dust Mite Allergens (pore size less than 6 microns)
|3. Fabric Quality
|4. Zipper Quality
|5. Construction Quality
|6. Sleeping Comfort (quiet and discrete under sheets – no plastic feel)
|7. Easy to put on
|10. Value for Price
|11. Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Lab tested for barrier efficiency with an average pore size of 6 microns
- Small pore size of 6 microns will prevent the passage of dust mites and the majority of their allergens
- Fabric is soft and supple to the touch
- Breathable, quiet and comfortable to sleep on
- Easy to use nylon zippers are durable and will not snag like metal zippers
- Undyed, unbleached fabric is perfect for those with sensitive skin
- SKAL certified organic cotton
- Manufactured 100% chemical free, safe for those with Multiple Chemical Sensitivities
- Organic cotton is more expensive than natural cotton or synthetic encasements
- Pore size is not as small as some of the other encasement fabric we carry, but pore size is still small enough to be a proven barrier to dust mites and their allergens. The 6 micron pore size may not be as effective as smaller pore sizes or a laminate fabric at blocking allergens.
- As with all woven dust mite covers, these will reduce in efficiency over time as wear and repeated washing will naturally increase the pore size of the fabric. Wash only when necessary to extend the life of these covers.
- 1 year warranty is disappointing compared to the average 5 year warranty on top quality cotton dust mite covers like these
We are very pleased to offer these Certified Organic dust mite barrier covers to our customers. These encasements have been manufactured with the upmost care to ensure a quality product that is not only tested and certified to be organic by SKAL, but has also been tested by IBT Reference Lab to be a proven allergen barrier after performing a “use simulation test” that attempts to determine if dust mite allergens will pass through the fabric as a result of your movement in bed. On top of the certification and testing, these barrier encasements are manufactured using absolutely no chemicals or dyes. The fabric is soft and lightweight, and offers an easy fit with sturdy, hard plastic zippers. The Mattress encasements zip along 3 sides to facilitate the process of putting them on.