The Air O Swiss 7133 humidifier is the original Air O Swiss model and is still one of the best. It is simple to use and is the perfect choice for someone who wants an affordable excellent performing humidifier without all the extra features.
|1. Room Coverage
|2. Level of Quietness
|3. Filter Life & Cost of Replacement Cartridges
|4. Amount of Maintenance Required
|5. Anti-bacterial Features
|6. Ease of Filling
|7. Ease of Operation and Filter Replacement
|8. Quality of Construction
|9. Humidistat to select desired humidity level & hygrometer to display the actual humidity in the room
|10. Frequency of Filling
|11. Value for Price
- Virtually silent and can barely be heard when placed across the room. There is no loud fan or dripping noises found in some other humidifier brands.
- Warm and cool mist option. The warm mist can feel more comforting in colder climates or in a child’s bedroom.
- Can quickly and sufficiently humidify a good-sized room up to 600 square feet
- Multiple anti-microbial protection features ensure only clean, pure and healthy mist is being dispersed
- Easy-to-use variable mist output dial allows infinite levels to choose from
- Durable and reliable construction that is built-to-last
- No display to tell you the actual humidity in the room
- Manual humidistat is not very sensitive so the unit will not shut off until the humidity reaches a level over 40%
- Cost of the humidifier and replacement cartridge and Ionic Silver Stick is a bit more than the average humidifier but well worth the money
This model is the first one introduced several years ago and continues to be a popular choice for those needing a quiet, easy to operate, high quality, and well performing humidifier at an affordable price. The thing we liked best on this model is its ability to fine tune the amount of mist to introduce into the room. One can select a very small amount if it is being used in a small room, the humidity outside is high, or if one is not able to refill the container daily. However, if one wants to maximize the performance turning it up all the way will emit a tremendous amount of moisture into the air. We would have liked the manual adjustable humidistat dial to be a bit more sensitive as it needs to be turned up pretty high before it engages the humidifier to start to operate. The result is that it is not easy to regulate the humidity if one wishes to keep the humidity in the room below 40 percent. However, this model continues to be one of our preferred choices despite this slight shortcoming.