Our new 2011 Winix 50 Pint dehumidifier (#WDH851) has all of the conveniences many wish for when it comes to an effective portable dehumidifier including a built-in condensate pump with hose, auto-restart to turn back on and reset itself in case of power outages, plus a sturdy and attractive design, all while maintaining affordability. Furthermore, it has low temperature operation capability along with microban technology on the surface of the collection bucket to inhibit any bacteria and germs from developing.
|1. Room Coverage Based on 24 Hour Moisture Removal|
|2. Noise Level|
|3. Low Temperature Operation|
|4. Quality of the Continuous Drainage Option Included (Ease of hose attachment, location above the ground to improve the flow of water w/ gravity and provides the hose)|
|5. Bucket Capacity|
|6. Size, Weight and Maneuverability|
|7. Ease of Access to Bucket & to Remove and Replace|
|8. Energy Rating|
|9. Ability to Access Filter & to Remove, Clean and Re-install|
|10. Quality of Construction & Warranty|
|11. Value for the Price|
- This model can operate in temperatures as low as 36 degrees and includes automatic defrost so it is ideal for basements and those area where the air temperatures may be below 65 degrees.
- The built-in pump that is provided as well as the 18 foot hose that is included eliminates your drainage issues as it will push out the water up to 15 feet above the floor.
- There is no need to worry about expensive electrical bills while operating this model as it is energy star rated and can remove 3 1/4 pints per Kilowatt Hour of electricity used.
- We are impressed with the quality of construction and the cosmetic design to deliver years of reliable dehumidification.
- The addition of Microban® technology increases the anti-microbial properties of the collection bucket which happens to be the area with the highest likelihood of bacteria formation.
- The auto restart feature is extremely important so one need not worry about restarting their dehumidifier in case of a power outage. The WDH851 will turn itself back on at the last setting.
- This is not the quietest of dehumidifiers available today nor is it the noisiest. Its performance will outweigh the slight noise one may be exposed to.
- A minor drawback is that the bucket is located in the rear and requires removal in order to access the washable filter which makes it a bit more difficult than some of our other models.
- It will not display the actual humidity in the room still a digital hygrometer/thermometer can be purchased below.
The new Winix WDH851 50 pint dehumidifier is a reliable and stylish yet affordable choice for those looking to resolve any humidity issues in a basement up to 1000 square feet. Solving your moisture issues have never been easier with its built-in condensate pump and included hose that makes your drainage decisions very easy such as pumping the water upstairs, out the window, or into any above the floor location. Conclusively, we are confident you will not be disappointed by its stylish design, energy star rating, eco-friendly and improved performing R410A refrigerant, as well as the many selection options available to facilitate the elimination of any residential moisture issue.