White Mountain Textiles Stretch Knit dust mite encasements for your pillows and mattresses. Soft and comfortable stretch knit polyester fabric with unique membrane that is impenetrable to dust mites, bed bugs, allergens.
|1. Barrier to Dust Mites (pore size less than 10 microns)|
|2. Barrier to Dust Mite Allergens (pore size less than 6 microns)|
|3. Fabric Quality|
|4. Zipper Quality|
|5. Construction Quality|
|6. Sleeping Comfort (quiet and discrete under sheets – no plastic feel)|
|7. Easy to put on|
|10. Value for Price|
|11. Manufacturer’s Warranty|
- Easy to put on and off thanks to the extra give of the stretch knit fabric
- Full range of sizes and mattress depths allow you to get the perfect fit for your mattress or pillow
- Soft and silky surface feel is a nice touch for a polyester membrane lined fabric
- Both the urethane membrane and poly-stretch knit fabric is quiet and does not make the annoying crinkly sound found with many synthetic or membrane lined fabrics
- The dual function of these encasements being 100% waterproof makes them a great choice for bed wetter’s or those who are worried about spills or stains on a new mattress
- The fabric is cool to the touch and membrane is breathable which helps ensure a comfortable night’s sleep
- Impenetrable barrier to dust mites thanks to the membrane that does not have pores
- Machine washable and able to withstand frequent washing without reducing their barrier efficiency which is the case with cotton and other woven barrier covers
- Made from synthetic materials. These encasements would not be suitable for someone who needs or wants a chemical free product due to MCS or other sensitivities to chemicals or synthetics.
- Not as breathable as 100% cotton. These encasements may not be the best choice for those who sleep hot.
If you want the protection of a membrane dust mite cover but also want it to feel nice under your sheets, then these stretch knit encasings are your best choice. They have a thin polyurethane membrane on the underside of the encasement to block 100% of dust mites and their allergens, and it makes them waterproof. The thing that separates these encasements apart from other membrane covers is the polyester stretch knit fabric feels like jersey cotton. This offers a nice surface to sleep on that is quiet and does not feel like plastic under your sheets. The stretch fabric also makes it slightly easier to put on your mattress and reduces the fear of ripping as you pull and tug them into place. (If you have never put an encasement on your mattress before, I should warn you it is not a single person job, especially with large, heavy mattresses). These covers are durable, protected by a 5 year warranty and will withstand multiple washings without reducing their efficiency to block dust mites and allergens. These are our top pick for an affordable dust mite cover that offers sleeping comfort and excellent protection year after year. They would also be an ideal choice for young children or incontinence thanks to their waterproof protection and washability without reduced efficiency. However, if you have multiple chemical sensitivities or super sensitive skin you will be better off getting a 100% cotton or organic cotton dust mite cover.