White Mountain Textiles Dust Mite covers for your mattress, box spring, and pillows. 100% natural cotton encasements with a soft 280 thread count. Certified dust mite allergen barrier covers with 4.91 micron average pore size. Expert advice, reviews and comparisons.
|1. Barrier to Dust Mites (pore size less than 10 microns)|
|2. Barrier to Dust Mite Allergens (pore size less than 6 microns)|
|3. Fabric Quality|
|4. Zipper Quality|
|5. Construction Quality|
|6. Sleeping Comfort (quiet and discrete under sheets – no plastic feel)|
|7. Easy to put on|
|10. Value for Price|
|11. Manufacturer’s Warranty|
- Soft and lightweight to the feel but with a durable construction
- The 100% cotton fabric is smooth and breathable under bed linens
- Tested by PMI to be a certified allergen barrier with a mean pore size of 4.91 microns. Fabrics with pore sizes below 6 microns are the best for blocking dust mites and their allergens.
- Cotton is naturally breathable and a good choice for someone who is a hot sleeper and can not have the heat build up found with synthetic fabrics
- With our full range of mattress sizes and variety of depths you are guaranteed to find a perfect fit
- Durable construction and quality manufacturing make these encasements safe to be machine washed and dried (though we do not recommend washing more then 3 or 4 times a year to maintain the fabrics barrier efficiency)
- Natural cotton is not grown or processed organically and it may contain small traces of chemicals which can irritate those with MCS
- As with all woven dust mite covers, these will reduce in efficiency over time as wear and repeated washing will naturally increase the pore size of the fabric. Wash only when necessary to extend the life of these covers.
Our White Mountain Textiles Cotton dust mite mattress and pillow covers are some of the nicest we have felt and are very reasonably priced. The cotton fabric is soft and lightweight and offers a very small pore size 4.91 micron which is excellent for a woven dust mite cover. An encasement with a small pore size like this is a very efficient barrier to dust mites and their allergens (i.e. broken body parts and feces). One of my favorite things about these covers is they are discrete and quiet, so your family and guests will never know you have encasements on unless they peak under the bedding. They also come in extra deep depths to fit a thick pillow top mattress or accommodate a topper. A cotton dust mite cover is also very breathable and will not retain excess heat while sleeping. They are easy to wash and durable, protected by a 5 year warranty. However, we do not recommend washing more than absolutely necessary due to the fact that woven fabrics loosen with wear and tear which will increase the pore size and reduce their effectiveness. Also, though many times less likely than synthetic covers to cause irritation, these are not organic and could possible cause irritation to those who have multiple chemical sensitivities or super sensitive skin. If you are concerned about possible irritation, it is probably in your favor to spend a little more and purchase our Solus Organic Cotton Dust Mite Covers.