The Sunpentown 46 pint low temperature dehumidifier offer a unique TiO2 & UV Light for removal of VOC’s and it helps control mold and mildew allergies, odors and indoor relative humidity control. Overall we give it a GOOD+ rating! See our chart below to see how it rates for each part of our dehumidifier test.
|1. Room Coverage Based on 24 Hour Moisture Removal|
|2. Noise Level|
|3. Low Temperature Operation|
|4. Quality of the Continuous Drainage Option Included (Ease of hose attachment, location above the ground to improve the flow of water w/ gravity and provides the hose)|
|5. Bucket Capacity|
|6. Size, Weight and Maneuverability|
|7. Ease of Access to Bucket & to Remove and Replace|
|8. Energy Rating|
|9. Ability to Access Filter & to Remove, Clean and Re-install|
|10. Quality of Construction & Warranty|
|11. Value for the Price|
- Very quickly we were effectively able to get the dehumidifier up and running because of its simple, user friendly manual
- We enjoyed the LED display with its unique ambient humidity condition indicators. Overall, the display was very easy to understand and use
- Unit is very lightweight with 4 built-in casters allowing us to move from room to room easily. Even our tester lacking in strength found it easy to move around
- One feature we noticed was the adjustable deflector on top of the unit to control the air-flow. This was very helpful when controlling the hot air away to an area in the room that wasn’t being used, making it a comfortable environment
- In addition to dehumidifying the room, its triple filtration (washable air filter, active carbon filter and UV light) provided that extra benefit of healthy breathable air within the room. The filters neatly fit one behind the other, making it extremely easy to clean and change the filters
- While the compressor was running we recorded a decibal reading of 36 (dba) on the High fan speed, which is extremely quiet as compared to other dehumidifiers
- This dehumidifier performed very well during our humidity and thermometer tests (however it will heat up the room). On average, the unit decreased the humidity level to around 35%.
- Does not include a remote control
- A drainage hose is not included with the unit and would require buying a piece of plastic hose. The correct size is 0.50 inches ID (inside diameter). However, manual gives a nice explanation on the steps that need to be taken to set up the drainage system.
- The UV light cannot be replaced, however it will last approximately 10,000 hours
- Will not properly dehumidify larger areas exceeding 200 square feet.
We found the Sunpentown dehumidifier to be very user-friendly, lightweight and attractive. There are 2 options for disposing the water: manually or via gravity drainage. The 12.5 pint collection bucket is located on the side for easy access and has a built-in side handle for carrying. Its automatic shut-off function will prevent water overflow in case you are not around when the bucket becomes full. Another option is a gravity feed which allows one to set up a drainage hose for disposing the water downward into a nearby drain. What sets this unit apart from other dehumidifiers in its class is its triple air filtration. Its unique ultra-violet germicidal light and titanium dioxide mesh filter will reduce bacteria, mold spores and VOC’s. The washable standard air filter will remove larger allergen particles (such as dust and pollen). Finally, a carbon filter will absorb unpleasant odors. The combination of reliable and efficient dehumidification and filtration allow for the most comfortable and healthiest environment possible. Overall, this is an excellent user friendly dehumidifier for someone who wants to quietly and efficiently remove excess moisture in their bedroom or small area in the basement.