Solus Organic cotton dust mite encasings are our top choice for dust mite covers as they represent a high quality product made from the finest 285-thread count organic cotton fabric.
|1. Barrier to Dust Mites (pore size less than 10 microns)|
|2. Barrier to Dust Mite Allergens (pore size less than 6 microns)|
|3. Fabric Quality|
|4. Zipper Quality|
|5. Construction Quality|
|6. Sleeping Comfort (quiet and discrete under sheets – no plastic feel)|
|7. Easy to put on|
|10. Value for Price|
|11. Manufacturer’s Warranty|
- Solus Organic Dust mite covers have been tested by PMI to be a certified allergen barrier with a small pore size of 5.15 microns
- The organic cotton is GOTS certified
- Constructed from soft 280 thread count 100% organic cotton, the hypoallergenic Solus dust mite encasings are soft to the touch but still durable and made for use
- The durable, heavy gauge nylon zipper provides a secure closure and is discrete under fine linens
- These dust mite covers are easy to care for, just throw them in the washing machine on a cold or warm wash cycle and then tumble dry on low heat
- They are available in a full range of sizes and depths so you can get the perfect fit for your mattress, pillow or comforter
- They are higher priced than non-organic or synthetic encasements
- Pore size is not as small as some of the other encasement fabric we carry, but pore size is still small enough to be a proven barrier to dust mites and their allergens
- As with all woven dust mite covers, these will reduce in efficiency over time as wear and repeated washing will naturally increase the pore size of the fabric. Wash only when necessary to extend the life of these covers.
We have select the Solus Organic dust mite covers as our category winner for their quality and ability to protect against dust mites. The hypoallergenic properties of the GOTS certified organic cotton combined with their small 5.15 micron pore size rightfully places these dust mite encasings at the top of our list. Along with being a certified allergen barrier that protects your bedding against unwanted dust mites, they are soft to the touch, made for repetitive use, and easily cleaned! They are pricier than the non-organic dust mite covers we also sell, but that is a direct result of their quality and purity.