Mold can cause serious issues for those with allergy and respiratory problems as well with home furnishings. The Soleus 70 pint dehumidifier is a reliable solution for controlling the level of humidity in the basement, living room or office. This fully portable unit can effectively remove up to 70 pints of excess moisture per day and is designed to fit a variety of drainage options. Overall, we were impressed with its low temperature operation, energy efficiency, lightweight design, user-friendly controls and reasonable price point.
|1. Room Coverage Based on 24 Hour Moisture Removal|
|2. Noise Level|
|3. Low Temperature Operation|
|4. Quality of the Continuous Drainage Option Included (Ease of hose attachment, location above the ground to improve the flow of water w/ gravity and provides the hose)|
|5. Bucket Capacity|
|6. Size, Weight and Maneuverability|
|7. Ease of Access to Bucket & to Remove and Replace|
|8. Energy Rating|
|9. Ability to Access Filter & to Remove, Clean and Re-install|
|10. Quality of Construction & Warranty|
|11. Value for the Price|
- Features automatic defrost and can operate down to low temperatures of 41°F, making it ideal for use in a basement. It also has a large moisture removal capacity of 70 pints per day.
- Can be placed up against the wall for saving floor space: the humid air is drawn in the front and dry air comes out the top.
- This model is energy star rated for low energy consumption and cost savings.
- Features auto-restart which is useful in case there is a power outage.
- Equipped with a built-in digital humidistat for worry-free operation. The unit allows you to select the desired level of humidity from 35% to 85% in 5% increments. The digital readout located on the control panel will display the room humidity as well as the humidity level that was chosen. To maintain the desired humidity level in the room the built-in humidistat will cycle the dehumidifier on and off as needed.
- To assist with a specific need when removing excess moisture, there are a variety of drainage options including draining straight into the removable bucket, attaching a drainage hose (such as a standard garden hose) or by hooking up an optional condensate pump (sold below).
- Visible water level indicator on the front of the unit.
- Front loading bucket is convenient and easy to access: bucket can hold up to 17 pints and is fitted with an easy grip handle for emptying water.
- Water bucket indicator and auto shut-off when the water collection bucket is full.
- A convenient water filter indicator will light up when the washable filter needs to be cleaned.
- Lightweight and portable design with practical carry handle and durable rolling casters.
- Does not include a continuous drainage hose but a standard garden hose can easily be attached.
- Since the washable air filter is located above the bucket, it is not as convenient to access for cleaning compared to if it was side-mounted.
Our Soleus dehumidifier is a lightweight, sturdy and energy efficient unit that will effectively remove excess moisture, mold and musty odors from a basement, office and other areas up to 1,400 square feet. It’s equipped with all the right features needed for successfully getting the job done day in and day out. We were impressed with how powerful this unit was with sucking up the excess moisture – even on those very humid days. As a result, musty smells vanished and the area was kept dry and comfortable (without much risk of mold, mildew, dust mites and other harmful allergens from forming again). In general, the noise level of the compressor cycling on and the lowest fan speed is relatively quiet but could be disturbing when placed in a living room or bedroom setting. The high fan speed is loud but it will move a lot of air compared to the other speed levels. Overall, our Soleus Dehumidifier is a reliable and affordable choice for those seeking to prevent excess moisture in damp and moldy areas of the home.