The MoistAir top fill space saving humidifier can emit up to 9 gallons of moisture into the air in a 24 hour period and will humidify an area up to 1900 square feet.
|1. Room Coverage|
|2. Level of Quietness|
|3. Filter Life & Cost of Replacement Cartridges|
|4. Amount of Maintenance Required|
|5. Anti-bacterial Features|
|6. Ease of Filling|
|7. Ease of Operation and Filter Replacement|
|8. Quality of Construction|
|9. Humidistat to select desired humidity level & hygrometer to display the actual humidity in the room
|10. Frequency of Filling|
|11. Value for Price|
- Provides very large room coverage of up to 1900 square feet
- Can hold 6 gallons of water at a time and dramatically decreases the need to refill the unit once empty (disperses up to 9 gallons per 24 hours).
- Features a top fill design which makes this unit extremely easy to fill – no more awkward or heavy tanks!
- Unlike our ultrasonic humidifiers, the MoistAir 9-Gallon humidifier uses the natural process of evaporation to create a clean, natural and soothing cool mist. Water passes through its efficient, mineral-absorbing wick and then is dispersed into the air without any white mineral dust.
- With its space saving design this humidifier can be located right against the wall.
- This humidifier does all of the work for you and includes a built-in digital humidistat which automatically turns the unit on and off depending on the desired humidity level (settings in 5% increments). Overall, we found that it did a good job of keeping a comfortable moisture level within the room.
- Also includes a hygrometer to display the actual humidity to monitor its progress
- When the water level runs too low the unit will automatically shut itself off which is a nice safety features and eliminates any risk of burning the motor out.
- After familiarizing ourselves with the manual, we found the digital controls easy to set up and operate.
- It is noisy on the high speed and since there are only two speeds it does not allow for much variation. For those highly sensitive to noise while sleeping this unit may not be for you.
- Construction isn’t as sturdy or robust compared to some of our other models but it will provide sufficient moisture to an area.
- It does not contain features like heating of the water, ultrasonic agitation, or silver ionic instruments to retard mold and bacteria growth but it does have an evaporative wick to help limit it to some extent.
This humidifier is the perfect choice if one is looking to humidify a large area without taking up a lot of space. In addition, if carrying bottles to and from the sink is a hassle and difficult, one will not have to worry about this with this MositAir model since it can be filled from the top with a water pitcher. We noticed the fan speed choice was limited as one can either choose speed one which is fairly quiet but does not move much air or speed 2 which is very noisy. One must plan to locate it in a remote part of their home to limit the affect of the fan noise. Replacing the filter wick is very easy and the price and frequency of replacing will not hurt your pocket book. It includes a nice plus of providing a humidistat so one can set the desired humidity they would like to reach and maintain and forget about it. Furthermore, there is a display to keep you informed of the unit’s progress that registers the actual humidity in the room. One of the things they’ve thought of is the location of these instruments which should be in a protected area in proximity to where the ambient air from the room is drawn in so there is a constant monitoring to the fresh air entering the humidifier. Just as important, is that there is limited or no mixing of the air that has just been humidified that is leaving the unit. Both of these concerns have been addressed as they have been located as part of the power cord where they dangle down near the floor in the back of the machine near where the air is being drawn in and at the same time a safe distance from the top of the machine where the already treated humidified air is expelled. All in all, this is an affordable unit that will humidify a large area that is very easy to set-up and to operate.