The MoistAir 14 gallon whole house humidifier is a simple yet effective humidifier for those who would like to quickly humidify a large area with an evaporative cool mist. Here is what we found when we tested it in a home.
|1. Room Coverage|
|2. Level of Quietness|
|3. Filter Life & Cost of Replacement Cartridges|
|4. Amount of Maintenance Required|
|5. Anti-bacterial Features|
|6. Ease of Filling|
|7. Ease of Operation and Filter Replacement|
|8. Quality of Construction|
|9. Humidistat to select desired humidity level & hygrometer to display the actual humidity in the room
|10. Frequency of Filling|
|11. Value for Price|
- It does emit a nice evaporative cool mist throughout the day. Within 24 hours, the feeling of dryness had almost completely subsided and was much easier to wake up without the usual stuffiness.
- When running the MoistAir humidifier, the home felt warmer since the humidification was keeping the air at a comfortable level and working in conjunction with the heating system.
- The unit is equipped with a digital humidistat which did a decent job with keeping the desired humidity level. Once we got that humidity level to our liking the humidifier did all the work to keep the area comfortable.
- The humidifier operates with two separate 2.4 gallon tanks which is much easier to fill and carry compared to having one large tank. Plus the large capacity tanks reduced the need to constantly refill with water.
- After setting up the unit, it was a breeze to move around with the durable caster wheels.
- It is a rather large unit and may not fit everybody’s décor. However because of its large capacity and ability to humidify multiple rooms in certain situations you can place it far in the corner or in a separate room. We do suggest placing it at least 4 inches away from the wall.
- You do have to replace 4 filter wicks at least once a season or more depending on the conditions of your water. We do conveniently offer a package of 8 filter wicks, which can last up to 2 humidifying seasons.
- If you want to increase the humidity level quickly, the high speed can be a little loud for some. We did find the other speed levels to be relatively quiet.
Once that forced central heat is turned on during those winter months, the indoor air can wreak havoc on the skin, nasal passages and sleep. We are pleased to offer a large capacity humidifier which can cut down on the need to purchase or operate multiple units throughout the home. The MoistAir 14-Gallon Console humidifier is not only attractive but can also humidify areas up to 2,900 square feet. We found it to be quiet on the low speed if located in or near a bedroom and suitable for a hallway and the far sides of their living areas on medium speed. Our opinion regarding speed 3 is that most people will not run it at this speed unless they are going to leave the house for a while or if they can operate it in a remote area of the house that is least frequented. Therefore, we would reduce the area coverage for living areas to 1200 to 1900 square feet. Another bonus with placing such a large capacity humidifier in the home is it will keep the proper amount of moisture in the air to protect wood and other furnishings. We like that you can set the desired humidity so it will run until it is reached and will display the actual humidity so one is aware of the progress. Although a bit tricky, replacing the filters consists of removing the top of the two wick compartment and carefully inserting the wick on each side and then attaching the top which easily snaps into place. Each water container displays whether it is for the left or right side and which side should face back making their replacement after refilling quite easy. The Moist Air 14 gallon humidifier is the right choice for those looking to maximize the humidification without sacrificing the look at an affordable price.