Certified Organic cotton Home Essentials Dust Mite Covers GOTS and SKAL certified organic cotton. Heavyweight, 280 thread count 100% organic cotton mattress and pillow covers. Dust mite barrier with small pore size of 3.85 microns. Machine washable encasements.
|1. Barrier to Dust Mites (pore size less than 10 microns)|
|2. Barrier to Dust Mite Allergens (pore size less than 6 microns)|
|3. Fabric Quality|
|4. Zipper Quality|
|5. Construction Quality|
|6. Sleeping Comfort (quiet and discrete under sheets – no plastic feel)|
|7. Easy to put on|
|10. Value for Price|
|11. Manufacturer’s Warranty|
- Lab tested to provide effective dust mite protection with a small mean pore size of 3.85 microns; dust mites range in size and can be as small as 10 microns but their feces and debris can be even smaller, so the smaller the pore size the better
- SKAL and GOTS Certified organic cotton fabric is free of harmful chemicals or pesticides and is safe for those who suffer from allergies or are sensitive to chemicals
- Durable fabric and construction can safely be machine washed and tumbled dried
- Nylon zippers are smooth running and make it easy to get a secure shut. Nylon zippers are also more comfortable and discrete under your sheets than metal zippers.
- Organic cotton encasements are more expensive than natural cotton or synthetic dust mite covers
- As with all woven dust mite covers, these will reduce in efficiency over time as wear and repeated washing will naturally increase the pore size of the fabric. Wash only when necessary to extend the life of these covers.
- The mattress covers are made out of a very heavy weight organic cotton fabric which can feel like a canvas. Some people do not like the feel of such a heavy weight encasement on their pillows or mattress.
These are the only heavyweight organic cotton encasement we carry. They provide excellent protection against dust mites and their debris and feces with a proven small pore size of 3.85 microns. You can be sure you are getting a quality organic cotton encasement with our Home Essential organic cotton encasements, as the fabric is SKAL and GOTS certified organic and tested by PMI for mean pore size and barrier efficiency. Backed by a 5 year warranty, they are durable and will withstand machine washing. The nylon zippers are easy to use and reinforced for strength while remaining discrete under your sheets. The encasements are slightly oversized to account for shrinkage, so we recommend pre-washing before use for best fit. The pillow encasements are offered in the heavyweight organic mattress encasement fabric and a lightweight organic fabric for those who prefer a thinner encasement for their pillows. Both the heavy and light weight fabrics provide an excellent barrier to dust mites, though the heavyweight fabric has a slightly smaller pore size. None the less, I would recommend the lightweight fabric over the heavyweight fabric for a pillow encasement because it is more supple and was preferred by our testers.