The high efficiency line of dehumidifiers branded Hi-E Dry consists of 3 models with varying performance and room coverage. The Hi-E Dry 195 dehumidifier is able to remove up to 192 pints per day at energy efficient 5.9 pints per kilowatt hour of electricity used. Because of its ducting options it can be used in a wide variety of commercial applications in addition to its most common use being residential and commercial indoor pools.
|1. Room Coverage Based on 24 Hour Moisture Removal|
|2. Noise Level|
|3. Low Temperature Operation|
|4. Quality of the Continuous Drainage Option Included (Ease of hose attachment, location above the ground to improve the flow of water w/ gravity and provides the hose)|
|5. Bucket Capacity||Not Applicable|
|6. Size, Weight and Maneuverability|
|7. Ease of Access to Bucket & to Remove and Replace||Not Applicable|
|8. Energy Rating|
|9. Ability to Access Filter & to Remove, Clean and Re-install|
|10. Quality of Construction & Warranty|
|11. Value for the Price|
- Large room coverage of up to 5000 square feet and can remove up to 192 pints of moisture per 24 hour period.
- Very energy efficient: can remove 5.9 pints per kilowatt hour of electricity used.
- Built in condensate pump with 20 foot of condensate hose makes drainage a snap.
- Portable and easy to move with 4 casters.
- Good filtration: comes standard with 2 MERV 8 rated 2 inch thick pleated filters.
- Excellent construction: all metal construction seals the housing to protect the internal wiring from the elements.
- Adjustable humidistat allows you to set the desired humidity you want to reach and maintain.
- Ducting Option for Space & Noise Issues allows one to set it up in a remote room to conserve space and reduce the noise from the fan and compressor.
- At 180 pounds it is a very heavy dehumidifier but they do provide casters so one does not have to lift it to transport it on the same level.
- It is not the quietest of dehumidifiers but one does have options like remote installation in an adjoining room and/or attaching ducting hose to the supply side utilizing the optional duct kit.
The Hi-E Dry dehumidifiers represent some of the finest machines available on the market providing incredible moisture removal at a very inexpensive price. The secret is its patented “Revaporator” process which basically reapplies the previously cooled and dried air to pre-cool the incoming air stream resulting in a 200 percent increase in overall efficiency. As a result, the Hi-E Dry 195 is extremely frugal when it comes to electricity expense removing 5.9 pints per kilowatt hour of electricity, which is more than twice the typical dehumidifier will. In addition, it can dry out any room up to 5000 square feet and is strong enough to be used to maintain the moisture in an indoor pool. We like that it comes with a built in condensate pump supplied with 20 feet of hose as well as efficient filters to protect the inside and improve the air quality. A few minor complaints would be the weight at 180 pounds that is assisted with casters but is difficult if needed to be moved up or down stairs and that it is not one of the quietest units. However, we have found that utilizing the optional duct kit allows you to set it up in a remote room so it is not seen or heard. Furthermore, by simply attaching a 6 foot section of ducting hose to the supply collar there is a noticeable reduction in the level of the noise. The Hi-E Dry 195 will remove moisture in a variety of conditions including lower temperatures down to 35 degrees. However, it is most efficient at air temperatures above 50 degrees and will reach and maintain humidity levels of 50% at temperatures of 55 degrees and above. We have come to realize it is difficult to find fault with this model and it is one of the best commercial dehumidifiers we have come across over the years.