The Graco 4 gallon cool mist humidifier is a strong consideration for those wanting an evaporative cool mist humidifier for a child’s room or other medium to large-sized area. We like the fact it has a built-in humidistat, durable construction and dishwasher safe tank at a very attractive price. This was previously offered by Hamilton Beach and nothing has changed as it continues to be a solid quality and reliable product.
|1. Room Coverage|
|2. Level of Quietness|
|3. Filter Life & Cost of Replacement Cartridges|
|4. Amount of Maintenance Required|
|5. Anti-bacterial Features|
|6. Ease of Filling|
|7. Ease of Operation and Filter Replacement|
|8. Quality of Construction|
|9. Humidistat to select desired humidity level & hygrometer to display the actual humidity in the room
|10. Frequency of Filling|
|11. Value for Price|
- These humidifiers are quiet on the low setting known as “QuietMist”. In fact, the noise is barely detectable and would satisfy the most noise sensitive person.
- Since each humidifier has a built in humidistat, you can set your own desired humidity level between 20-90% humidification. We recommend between 35-40%.
- The parts on these humidifiers that need to be cleaned are dishwasher safe and easily disassembled for washing in the dishwasher.
- Can disperse up to 4 gallons of water per 24 hour period and has room coverage of up to 1200 square feet.
- Easy drop-in filter wick– no tools required replace in seconds.
- Large EasyFill™ tank – the single water tank has an extra-large opening for ease in filling
- Large 3.5 gallon tank eliminates frequent refilling – can go up to several days without refilling
- When replacing the water in the tank the tester felt it was rather heavy
- Our tester mentioned that when the humidifier needs refilling, it does not shut off and has no warning light, although this does not present any safety issue since there is no heating involved and the fan continuing to run is the only issue.
- Because the water tank is smoke color, it’s a bit difficult to see when the water reservoir is empty.
We are very impressed with the Graco 4 gallon cool mist humidifier as it provides a simple, affordable, and easy to use humidifier that delivers a substantial amount of humidity to satisfy even the largest of rooms. We like that one can easily clean the container in the dish washer and to insure that only the cleanest moisture is delivered into the air an easy to replace wick is provided. In the end, there was really not much that we could find wrong with this humidifier and although not perfect, it is a decent choice when one considers the quality, performance, and the price.