The pureguardian H4500 humidifier is stylish, simple to operate and maintain. As with the other pureguardian humidifier models, the H4500 features a similar retro-feel design and is equipped with many of the same operational features. However, due to its higher capacity tank and humidity output, the H4500 will provide that extra oomph of moisture required for a decent sized bedroom. Overall, we feel confident that the pureguardian H4500 humidifier will provide comfort, relief and better indoor air quality for medium-sized bedrooms up to 500 square feet.
|1. Room Coverage|
|2. Level of Quietness|
|3. Filter Life & Cost of Replacement Cartridges|
|4. Amount of Maintenance Required|
|5. Anti-bacterial Features|
|6. Ease of Filling|
|7. Ease of Operation and Filter Replacement|
|8. Quality of Construction|
|9. Humidistat to select desired humidity level & hygrometer to display the actual humidity in the room||Not Applicable|
|10. Frequency of Filling|
|11. Value for Price|
- There are no added costs or maintenance since the H4500 doesn’t require evaporating pads, filters or wicks. pureguardian thoughtfully added nano-silver particles to the nozzle and tank to disinfect and stop mold and bacteria from forming. The only maintenance required is to clean and rinse the tank periodically.
- You have the option to effortlessly switch from cool to warm mist. Choosing a warm or cool mist is based on your preference and sometimes where you live. For example, if you live in the Northeast where winters can be extremely cold and dry, a warm mist may feel more comforting.
- The H4500 is virtually silent while operating. Thanks to its ultrasonic technology, there is no loud fan noise or constant gurgling of water.
- The high-output nozzle features a 2-way directional spout which broadens the direction of the mist into the room. Also, the nozzle fits nice and snug within the tank and doesn’t loosely fall out when filling up and carrying.
- The night lamp function emits a circular blue glow which can act as a great night function for children.
- Another welcoming feature is its simple interface and user-friendly manual controls. The large manual knob dial allows you to regulate the level of mist desired and a small manual knob effortlessly switches the mist to either cool or warm. A simple push button turns on and off the night light function.
- Features a heavy-grade construction compared to the lower-end humidifiers commonly found in the drug-stores.
- The size and shape of the tank makes it a bit awkward when filling. However there are sturdy handles on the top and underside of the tank which gives you some leverage while filling and carrying around.
- Does not have any type of humidistat or hygrometer.
- The H4500 is a bit bulkier and heavier compared to our other pureguardian models but will still fit comfortably on a side table, nightstand or dresser.
Due to its higher capacity tank and simple operation, we found the pureguardian H4500 to be the right humidifier for those who wish to keep an acceptable amount of moisture in a medium-sized bedroom without having to constantly refill the water tank. When set on its highest fan speed, the H4500 was able to emit a powerful cool mist for close to 25 hours without the tank running on empty. When on its lowest speed it can consistently run for up to 5 days without refilling. However, running times can vary depending on the atmospheric conditions inside and outside. If under extremely dry conditions, a higher output of moisture will be needed. The H4500 isn’t equipped with a humidistat or hygrometer for those who desire a specific humidity reading in a room. Additionally, it will not provide sufficient moisture for large areas exceeding 500 square feet. Nevertheless, we were still impressed with how the H4500 quietly provided an adequate level of humidity that made a once dry environment comfortable again.
This humidifier is almost completely silent and basically cannot be heard when placed across the room. However, there is a bluish/green “power on” indicator light which emits a faint glow. Those who are extremely sensitive to light while sleeping may find this bothersome. In contrast, for those who prefer a night light and comfort, the night lamp button will emit a soothing bluish circle around the control panel.
Compared to many of the humidifiers we offer, the pureguardian humidifiers feature Silver Clean technology to fight the growth of mold and bacteria that typically form in the water tank. As a result, this means less hassle and costs when compared to replacing filter wicks, pads or UV bulbs. For those who may be concerned about white dust we do offer an optional decalcification filter cartridge. Another feature which sets the pureguardian humidifiers apart is its “retro radio-like” design that both adults and children find fun and appealing. Overall, the pureguardian H4500 Humidifier is a functional and practical humidifier which will humidify a decent sized room without frequent refills or constant maintenance.