The pureguardian H1600 is a well-built, dependable humidifier which will pump out a good amount of moisture for smaller-sized rooms up 200 square feet. The pureguardian is an affordable and reliable choice for those who are sick and tired of purchasing cheaper units that tend to breakdown after or even during the humidifier season. Here is what we liked and disliked about the pureguardian H1600.
|1. Room Coverage|
|2. Level of Quietness|
|3. Filter Life & Cost of Replacement Cartridges|
|4. Amount of Maintenance Required|
|5. Anti-bacterial Features|
|6. Ease of Filling|
|7. Ease of Operation and Filter Replacement|
|8. Quality of Construction|
|9. Humidistat to select desired humidity level & hygrometer to display the actual humidity in the room
|10. Frequency of Filling|
|11. Value for Price|
- Very little maintenance! Unlike some of our other humidifiers which need constant changing of filters, cartridges or cleaning of discs, pureguardian added nano-silver particles to the nozzle and tank to disinfect and stop mold and bacteria in the water tank. Only maintenance required is to quickly clean and rinse the tank periodically.
- The digital controls were easy to understand and use and also added to the stylish design
- There is a night light function that can be turned on or off. When turned on, the circular blue glow can act as a great night light for children!
- Another plus for those who want the perfect humidifier for sleeping is that it’s virtually silent! No fan noise or constant gurgling of water.
- After running a few nights, the H1600 consistently delivered a constant cool mist into the air leaving the room comfortable. It also never ran out of water in the middle of the night.
- This is a fun and compact humidifier that fits perfectly in a child’s bedroom!
- This is a lightweight humidifier which can easily be moved from room to room
- The handle and shape of the tank is a little awkward when filling.
- Does not have any type of humidistat or hygrometer.
The pureguardian H1600 is essentially the mini version of our pureguardian H3010 and is a virtually silent humidifier that fits well in nurseries, dorm rooms, smaller bedrooms, offices and other areas up to 200 sq. ft. Constantly waking up with dry skin, a stuffy nose and sore throat? Well, the aesthetically pleasing H1600 can make all the difference in those stuffy, dry rooms. This cute humidifier is a good option for those who get frustrated with constantly having to purchase and replace wicks and messy filters since it is virtually maintenance free! We do recommend that you frequently clean out the tank and clean the ultrasonic disc with the small brush that is included. This will keep the humidifier running efficiently and prolong the use of the unit. Overall, we find the pureguardian humidifiers reliable, stylish and easy to maintain.