The Ebac PD200 industrial dehumidifier is the king of powerful dehumidifiers designed to withstand the exposure of water and chemicals from an indoor swimming pool while reliably reducing their amounts in the air. Therefore, one will not have to worry about this high humid air from condensing on your walls, roof, floor, and windows that could cause corrosion, wood rot, mold and bacteria growth and an unhealthy environment. It is also great for sports halls, health & fitness centers, aerobic rooms, locker rooms, laundry rooms, warehouses, and more.
|1. Room Coverage Based on 24 Hour Moisture Removal|
|2. Noise Level|
|3. Low Temperature Operation|
|4. Quality of the Continuous Drainage Option Included (Ease of hose attachment, location above the ground to improve the flow of water w/ gravity and provides the hose)|
|5. Bucket Capacity||Not Applicable|
|6. Size, Weight and Maneuverability|
|7. Ease of Access to Bucket & to Remove and Replace||Not Applicable|
|8. Energy Rating|
|9. Ability to Access Filter & to Remove, Clean and Re-install|
|10. Quality of Construction & Warranty|
|11. Value for the Price|
- Large room coverage – this unit can remove up to 200 pints per day on the average and more than 300 pints per day in harsh conditions.
- Temperature sensitive defrost allows satisfactory performance in temperatures down to 33 degrees.
- Easily accessible washable filter.
- Remote adjustable humidistat allows you to set the desired humidity level to reach and maintain.
- Convenient drain port for condensation collection w/ hose attachment.
- Can be ducted if necessary.
- Totally enclosed coils in an epoxy-coated, heavy gauge steel case.
- This model is pretty noisy at 73 dba but considering the capacity can be tolerated – also remote installation through ducting is possible to reduce the noise.
- It is very heavy at 176 pounds but does come with sturdy military-type carrying handles.
- Because of its size, a 220 volt hookup is necessary.
The Ebac PD200 is one of the largest portable indoor swimming pool dehumidifiers we have come across at a reasonable price. They scrimped on nothing regarding the construction from the totally enclosed coils, epoxy-coated finish inside and out, steel chassis, to the heavy gauge steel outer shell to protect all the components from the elements. This is a hard working thirsty machine that will pull out up to 200 to 300 pints. This unit is very heavy but it does come with sturdy military-style handles to transport. It is definitely not the quietest dehumidifier from a long shot and there is the option to duct it so it can be physically installed in a remote area to reduce the noise level and space requirements. Besides these two minor details, the Ebac PD200 is an amazing machine and we recommend it not only for indoor swimming pool rooms but for any environment with abnormal humidity due to standing water and/or people like locker rooms, health & fitness centers, laundry rooms, racquetball/handball courts, whirlpools, or spas. Under these situations, no ordinary dehumidifier will do, and this one is the choice.