The Ebac CD30 Dehumidifier & Ebac D30E Dehumidifier are ideal for crawlspace and basement conditions in residential environments as well as hostile industrial or marine locations. They are simple to operate and set-up and small enough to transport between job sites. Being only 12 inches high and 12 inches wide it can fit through the tiniest opening if accessing a crawl space or remote area.
|1. Room Coverage Based on 24 Hour Moisture Removal|
|2. Noise Level|
|3. Low Temperature Operation|
|4. Quality of the Continuous Drainage Option Included (Ease of hose attachment, location above the ground to improve the flow of water w/ gravity and provides the hose)|
|5. Bucket Capacity|
|6. Size, Weight and Maneuverability|
|7. Ease of Access to Bucket & to Remove and Replace|
|8. Energy Rating|
|9. Ability to Access Filter & to Remove, Clean and Re-install||Not Applicable|
|10. Quality of Construction & Warranty|
|11. Value for the Price|
- Good value: For low temp dehumidifier, good for moisture removal in cold spaces such as garage, attic or basement.
- Energy efficient: Runs at a low amperage draw of 2.5 amps per hour, resulting in low energy costs.
- Small size: This dehumidifier is great for small areas such as crawlspaces – only 1 ft. high.
- Durable: Its construction is made-up of a heavy duty steel chassis and is finished in an epoxy coating to protect its outer shell from the elements.
- Portability: Can be installed permanently or easily transported to job sites or problem moisture areas. Features a sturdy military type carrying handle and an extra long power cord.
- Low temperature operation: Will operate down to 33°F before shutting off. The “Hot Gas” defrost automatically eliminates frost build up.
- Quiet operation: Dehumidifier operates at 47 decibels (compare to 20 dba as a whisper, and 60 dba as a normal conversation).
- Adjustable humidistat allows one to regulate the humidity in a room.
- Casters: Not available. Dehumidifier must be carried or transported via a two wheel cart or dolly.
- The gravity drain location is at the bottom and may require elevating it depending on where you are draining the water to or in some cases if an external condensate pump is used raising it a few inches may be necessary
The Ebac CD30 & CD30E are excellent for residential use in crawl spaces as well as in industrial and commercial applications. By utilizing Hot Gas Defrost we are confident it will continue to dehumidify even if the temperatures drop as low as 33 degrees. Its dimensions enable it to be set-up in the tightest of spaces. Even though it is small, it is sturdy and will last with its steel chassis and powder coating inside and out. It is very quiet at 47 dba and is conservative on energy consumption to not hurt one’s pocketbook. About the only thing one may to contend with is to raise it to assist the water to drain properly with gravity. Like its size this model is not going to dehumidify an area larger than 400 square feet so it is something to be considered when choosing a dehumidifier. If one wishes to wall mount it they should purchase the CD30E model which comes with a mounting bracket. The choice is simple. If you are looking for a reliable well built dehumidifier for a small area where extreme temperature and humidity will be a consistent reality, the CD30 or the CD30E is the answer.