Cotton Fresh Dust Mite Covers are pure cotton encasing from Europe are constructed of 100% all-natural cotton that is unbleached, undyed, and untreated. The CottonFresh fabric has passed stringent European testing and is Eco-Tex certified, guaranteeing it to be free of harmful chemicals and 21 specific allergens.
|1. Barrier to Dust Mites (pore size less than 10 microns)|
|2. Barrier to Dust Mite Allergens (pore size less than 6 microns)|
|3. Fabric Quality|
|4. Zipper Quality|
|5. Construction Quality|
|6. Sleeping Comfort (quiet and discrete under sheets – no plastic feel)|
|7. Easy to put on|
|10. Value for Price|
|11. Manufacturer’s Warranty|
- Small pore size of 3.45 microns is very impressive for a woven natural cotton dust mite cover and will efficiently block dust mites and their allergens
- Fabric is a lightweight cotton with a soft sateen feel. You will not even know these are on your bed or pillows.
- Fabric is made from a pure natural cotton that is Eco-Tex(Oeko-Tex) certified guaranteeing it to be free of harmful chemicals and 21 specific allergens that are commonly used in manufacturing textiles
- Safe for those with sensitive skin or Multiple Chemical Sensitivities
- Very impressive fabric and construction quality
- 1 year warranty is disappointing compared to the average 5 year warranty on top quality cotton dust mite covers like these
- As with all woven dust mite covers, these will reduce in efficiency over time as wear and repeated washing will naturally increase the pore size of the fabric. Wash only when necessary to extend the life of these covers.
Cottonfresh represents the latest developments in allergy avoidance bedding. Barrier covers for pillows, duvets and mattresses have been around for a while now, but usually relying on synthetic fabrics and plastic membranes to keep house dust mite allergens at bay. But these materials can be unsuitable for anyone sensitive to chemicals or who find synthetics hot or noisy to sleep on. Cottonfresh are soft, smooth and feel more comfortable than even regular cotton pillow case covers. We heard about a UK firm which has made a major breakthrough in quality and comfort with their Cottonfresh bedding encasings and tracked them down. We had samples of their barrier covers sent over to test for our members and believe me they are the “Rolls Royce” of allergy free bedding! Cottonfresh barrier covers are made of 100% pure natural unbleached cotton. The Cottonfresh fabric has been tested and found to have a pore size of 3.45 microns which is well below the 10 microns needed to block dust mites.