Our Cascading Waterfall humidifier offers fewer features than some of our ultrasonic or digital humidifiers but it still gets the job done for large areas up to 3,200 square feet. This humidifier provides cool, clean invisible moisture without white dust or over-humidification.
|1. Room Coverage|
|2. Level of Quietness|
|3. Filter Life & Cost of Replacement Cartridges|
|4. Amount of Maintenance Required|
|5. Anti-bacterial Features|
|6. Ease of Filling|
|7. Ease of Operation and Filter Replacement|
|8. Quality of Construction|
|9. Humidistat to select desired humidity level & hygrometer to display the actual humidity in the room|
|10. Frequency of Filling|
|11. Value for Price|
- This humidifier is designed to circulate the water by taking it from the bottom of the base and then over the top of the wick. This provides a number of benefits including the elimination of bacteria forming standing water, efficient humidification by using the entire filter wick surface and long-lasting use. Plus there is a viewing window so you will know that the humidifier is re-circulating the water properly
- It has a high capacity output suitable for larger rooms, condos, apartments and open-floor areas.
- When the tank needs refilling it does have a carry handle for transport. When full, the tank can get a bit heavy but the handle provides good leverage. It is also very easy to slip in and out of the tank holder area on the side of the unit.
- This particular unit features an adjustable humidistat which allows the user to choose their desired level of comfort. It is a manual knob that has variable levels between low and high.
- The Cascading Waterfall uses the evaporative filter-wick method to create natural, healthy and clean moisture. This is a type of moisture you cannot see unlike our ultrasonic humidifiers. For those who may have water treated by a water softening system and don’t want to worry about white dust (which may occur with some ultrasonic humidifiers), this filter-wick method is a good alternative.
- Great value for the money. It may not have all of the digital features some of our other humidifiers have but it will humidify an area quickly and efficiently. Also, placing a humidifier in your home can reduce heating costs and protect home furnishings during those dry, cooler months.
- The higher fan speed and waterfall design, which creates the faint sound of water falling, may be bothersome to those who are sensitive to noise while sleeping. However, some may find the waterfall sound soothing.
- It is a rather larger unit that is best to be placed in one spot of the room. However, there are 4 sturdy caster wheels included if there is a need to move from room to room.
- Does not have auto shut-off. The unit will continue to run if the water tank is empty.
The Cascading Waterfall humidifier features a unique re-circulating design and simple operation, which will effectively provide soothing comfort for larger rooms. We were impressed with its performance and were able to raise humidity levels rather quickly. It’s large capacity tank and excellent output capacity reduces the hassle of refilling the unit constantly throughout the day. The unit is extremely easy to use with its two manual controls for the fan speed and humidistat. It doesn’t have any digital controls or display, hygrometer and other bells and whistles, but it still brings the room to a comfortable level quickly. The fact that it requires only one inexpensive filter wick to replace once or twice a season easily without tools is a definite plus. Although it requires regular cleaning this is typical of most cool mist evaporative humidifiers so it was expected. We did find it to be noisy on the middle and high speed and recommend one locate it in a remote area of their home and use the middle speed with the high setting for when they are not at home. Even with these few shortcomings we are still impressed to find such a simple, inexpensive, and effective humidifier for a large space.