The Aprilaire 1710A dehumidifier is a portable, stand alone dehumidifier that is designed to remove up to 90 pints of excess moisture in a basement without any ductwork or complicated operation. The Aprilaire dehumidifier operates quietly and efficiently for unfinished or finished basements up to 2,000 sq. ft.
Please note that the Aprilaire 1710A dehumidifier has now been replaced by the Aprilaire 1850F 95 pint dehumidifier that covers up to 2200 square feet and has very similar features.
|1. Room Coverage Based on 24 Hour Moisture Removal|
|2. Noise Level|
|3. Low Temperature Operation|
|4. Quality of the Continuous Drainage Option Included (Ease of hose attachment, location above the ground to improve the flow of water w/ gravity and provides the hose)|
|5. Bucket Capacity||Not Applicable|
|6. Size, Weight and Maneuverability|
|7. Ease of Access to Bucket & to Remove and Replace||Not Applicable|
|8. Energy Rating|
|9. Ability to Access Filter & to Remove, Clean and Re-install|
|10. Quality of Construction & Warranty|
|11. Value for the Price|
- This dehumidifier is certainly a workhorse and will bring humidity levels down quickly even at low temperatures down to 40° (making it ideal for basements).
- It features an energy efficient, compact and portable design yet will remove large amounts of excess moisture for a good size area.
- Considering the amount of air the Aprilaire moves it is relatively quiet while operating. Due to the housing and insulation, the compressor cycling on and off is not that noticeable.
- Will properly dehumidify a whole basement area without the need for ductwork or complicated installation. The Aprilaire is fully portable with locking caster wheels and lifting handles.
- It’s internal humidistat, which will automatically maintain optimal humidity levels, allows for simple set and forget operation.
- There is no messy bucket or tank to empty – the unit includes a 1″ PVC trap pipe which can be attached to a hose and water drainage system or to a condensate pump. It can also be gravity drained into a floor drain or sump pit.
- Easy filter access through both sides of the housing, which is helpful if you wish to place one side up against the wall.
- Is built and designed for rigorous use and demand and comes with an exceptional 5-year warranty.
- It is a heavy unit at 93 pounds but it is equipped with sturdy caster wheels in case you need to move it around
- Does not feature a digital humidistat readout on the machine
The Aprilaire 1710A dehumidifier is in a different class all together and provides higher efficiency and three times the moisture removing capacity compared to common smaller and larger portable units. We were immediately impressed with how easy it was to set up and operate. This top-of-the line dehumidifier will automatically sense moisture levels and remove just the right amount of moisture (never too much and never too little) for total comfort and peace of mind. We found it difficult to find fault with this unit and the only shortcoming we could find was that the elevation of the PVC trap pipe could have been just a few more inches off the floor. When we installed an external condensate pump alongside it we realized it was necessary to elevate the dehumidifier in order for the water to flow with gravity into the reservoir of the pump which was 4 ½ inches off the floor. Having said that, the Aprilaire 1710A has the reliability, durability and outstanding performance of many commercial dehumidifiers but is equipped with all of the simple, practical features that meet the needs of those homeowners interested in keeping their basement or living area dry, comfortable and healthy.