Air O Swiss has done it again with the addition of the Air O Swiss U600 Humidifier to their line-up. We like the simplicity and the modern stylish look and that it can humidify a large area up to 650 square feet.
|1. Room Coverage|
|2. Level of Quietness|
|3. Filter Life & Cost of Replacement Cartridges|
|4. Amount of Maintenance Required|
|5. Anti-bacterial Features|
|6. Ease of Filling|
|7. Ease of Operation and Filter Replacement|
|8. Quality of Construction|
|9. Humidistat to select desired humidity level & hygrometer to display the actual humidity in the room
|10. Frequency of Filling|
|11. Value for Price|
- The U600 packs a powerful punch and will quickly and sufficiently humidify a room up to 650 square feet if the conditions are right (such as having the door closed). Due the amount of mist it can disperse we always recommend placing the humidifier on a nightstand or stool at least 2 feet high to prevent the floor from getting soaked.
- Our Air-O-Swiss ultrasonic humidifiers are virtually silent and make an excellent choice for a bedroom. No loud fan noise or constant dripping of water is heard with the U600.
- Its outstanding quad-band water quality protection ensures only safe, hygienic mist is being dispersed. Plus, such protection will keep the tank and components in tip-top shape and prolong the life of the unit.
- Want a humidifier that will keep constant comfort without much effort on your part? The U600 features a manual humidistat that allows you to choose a desired humidity range and then will automatically adjust the humidity output when conditions change in the room.
- The compact size and shape of the tank made it one of the easiest of humidifiers to fill and carry. It can be filled in most kitchen sinks and some deeper bathroom sinks (the tank is 9″ high)
- Has the option of warm or cool mist (both options humidify effectively). The warm mist can feel more comforting in colder climates or in a child’s bedroom.
- Features easy-to-use manual controls which makes it a good choice for those who want simple, no-frills operation
- This is a humidifier that was carefully designed with durability and reliability in mind and will go above and beyond with humidification performance compared to lower-end models. The U600 and its digital U650 model are the only Air-O-Swiss humidifiers that come with a stainless steel heat sink instead of plastic surrounding the titanium transducer.
- The U600 has a sleek, modern design that fits well into almost any room décor without being too much of an eyesore.
- Does not display the actual humidity in the room
- Manual adjustable humidistat does not allow you to set a specific humidity goal level
- Cost of the humidifier and replacement cartridge and Ionic Silver Stick is a bit more than the average humidifier but well worth the money
- Its water container could be a bit larger since one will need to refill it 1 to 3 times each day depending on the conditions.
We really liked the variable mist control that allows the end user to fine tune how much mist to add to the air. This humidifier is perfect for someone who is looking for an effective humidification appliance with a modern look but not all the bells and whistles to complicate its operation. This said, it still gives you the option of warm or cool mist operation.