Air O Swiss has expanded on the AOS 7145 design with the Air O Swiss 7147 humidifier and added some more advanced features including digital controls and the option to disperse a warm mist. Once again, Air O Swiss has carefully designed a technologically advanced humidifier system that will meet the needs of relieving symptoms associated with dry air. Here is what we found with the Air O Swiss 7147 humidifier.
|1. Room Coverage|
|2. Level of Quietness|
|3. Filter Life & Cost of Replacement Cartridges|
|4. Amount of Maintenance Required|
|5. Anti-bacterial Features|
|6. Ease of Filling|
|7. Ease of Operation and Filter Replacement|
|8. Quality of Construction|
|9. Humidistat to select desired humidity level & hygrometer to display the actual humidity in the room
|10. Frequency of Filling|
|11. Value for Price|
- The 7147 may be somewhat compact in size but it will certainly deliver sufficient moisture to a good-sized room up to 650 square feet. And if the conditions are right (i.e. having the bedroom door closed), this humidifier will deliver moisture and comfort quickly!
- We feel the near silent operation (no loud fan noise or dripping of water) will satisfy those who are light sleepers or do not wish to have any disturbing noise in the background.
- Air-O-Swiss has developed an exceptional quad-band water quality protection system which ensures only safe, hygienic mist is being dispersed. Plus, such protection will keep the tank and components in tip-top shape and prolong the life of the unit.
- The 7147 features smooth and sleek soft-touch controls that allow the user to choose their settings effortlessly. We also enjoy the included manual which clearly points out the humidifier’s functions, display settings and operation.
- Want a humidifier that will keep constant comfort without much effort on your part? The 7147 not only allows you to choose your desired humidity level but with its built-in hygrostat the humidifier will automatically adjust the humidity output when conditions change within the room. Plus it conveniently displays the actual humidity right on the unit.
- We liked the fact that the water tank is compact, lightweight and isn’t a nuisance to fill and carry compared to some of our other humidifier brands. It can be filled up in the majority of kitchen sinks, some deeper bathroom sinks and in the bathtub (tank is around 9″ in height)
- Compared to the similarly designed 7145 model which only disperses a cool mist, this humidifier has the option to choose a soothing warm mist. The warm mist can feel more comforting in colder climates or in a child’s bedroom
- With its Swiss engineering and construction, the 7147 is without doubt a sturdy humidifier that is built-to-last.
- Maintaining the humidifier and replacing the accessories are a cinch and can really help prolong the use of the unit. We find using the EZ Cal cleaner a helpful accessory when it comes to cleaning out the water tank.
- Due to its full-bodied construction and technologically advanced design, we find the 7147 to be a compact and efficient humidifier at an affordable price.
- Its water container could be a bit larger since one will need to refill it 1 to 3 times each day depending on the conditions
- Cost of the humidifier and replacement cartridge and Ionic Silver Stick is a bit more than the average humidifier but well worth the money
Year after year, we are always impressed with what Air-O-Swiss has to offer in its new models. The Air-O-Swiss 7147 humidifier is the pumped up version of our older 7145 cool mist humidifier and features digital controls, sleek soft-touch buttons, a more thorough design and the option to disperse a warm mist. This versatile and compact 7147 is a great choice for those who want all the bells and whistles in a humidifier and silent operation for medium to larger sized bedrooms. Air-O-Swiss consistently sets itself apart from other home humidifiers because of such advanced and efficient features that come with the 7147 model.