Humidifiers are an integral part of any family’s winter health protection plan. The extra moisture in the air that they provide can be helpful for all members of the family.
7 ways a humidifier can improve your family’s health protection plan
1. Humidifiers increase the level of humidity in your home and can reduce the incidence of bloody noses, which occur more frequently during wintertime especially for those households with forced hot air heating. For the most affect it is best to position the humidifier close to the bedside where the moistened air will reach the sleeper more easily.
2. Many people suffer from winter dry air sinus pain and pressure and making sure the air is moist, keeps people breathing easy and pain free. It can be especially important if anyone in the family suffers from sinus pain. Humidifiers are usually all that is needed to keep people pain free, but sometimes sinus pain sufferer may need additional help, like nasal irrigation.
3. Snoring family members (and those that can hear them) can also be greatly helped by having moist air to breathe. Combined with encouraging your family members to sleep on their side, moist air is extremely helpful in reducing that unwanted noise from family members.
4. Moisten air can greatly decreases the amount of times cracked lips greet us on winter mornings.
5. A humidifier can help all family members breathe easier if they have allergies, asthma or other respiratory related problem. However, take care to choose a humidifier that is not prone to spreading bacteria and clean the humidifier regularly.
6. Humidifiers add moisture to the air, which is helpful for easing coughing, scratchy throats or congestion due to the common cold.
7. Many pediatricians believe that babies sleep more easily with a humidifier in the room. However they caution that the humidifier should be a cool mist humidifier or vaporizer to avoid the possible burning that can happen with some manufacturers’ warm mist units.
To learn more about Humidifiers read: What Are The Most Important Humidifier Features